This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

would you be willing to give up backward trade ability if....

#21Dark_EinherjarPosted 5/9/2013 3:51:03 PM
My thoughts on removing backwards compatibility: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/65926668
---
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals."
-Sirius Black
#22_ice_beam_Posted 5/9/2013 4:49:29 PM
Yes! That means that the only Pokemon that could learn Stealth Rock would be Gigalith, Crustle, Steelix, and Golem.
---
http://i.imgur.com/xWWX5xm.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/tMhFpCD.jpg Thanks Fellwolf and L4DHunter! <3
#23snuffles504Posted 5/9/2013 5:58:09 PM(edited)
_ice_beam_ posted...
Yes! That means that the only Pokemon that could learn Stealth Rock would be Gigalith, Crustle, Steelix, and Golem.

Also Sudowoodo, Forretress, Nosepass, and Ferrothorn.

But that's still pretty significant.

EDIT: I find it a little odd that Gligar, Lunatone, Solrock, Baltoy, Turtwig, Bronzor, and Golett can all learn Stealth Rock through a move tutor but not through breeding.

---
....because shutup.
R - Hyuck hyuck hyuck!
#24mada7Posted 5/9/2013 5:49:21 PM
NekoHime64 posted...
XxWontonxX posted...
NekoHime64 posted...
Ah, maybe, considering the majority of my awesome pokeys have met horrible fates due to various causes. (games being stolen, games being erased, little cousin letting them all go because "they were sad")

Why did he/she think they were sad XD

They were "locked up" in the boxes >_< I think she watches the anime too much.

So you got attacked by Poke-PETA?
---
Wall-Mart the place you go when you just got to meat a true moron -Lord of Phendrana
Pokemon Black FC = 3396 8733 5419
#25ClassyOldHatPosted 5/9/2013 6:34:02 PM
PkmTrainerAbram posted...
-Make it super easy to level up, EV train, and breed after beating the Elite Four

-Make all Pokemon available between the two games

-Allow mass transfers between both games

And only then would merely be mildly miffed with the lack of transfer.

Abram cam close to summing up my views on the matter. The italics are things I changed/added to make it reflect my opinion more closely.
#26NekoHime64Posted 5/9/2013 6:34:59 PM
mada7 posted...
NekoHime64 posted...
XxWontonxX posted...
NekoHime64 posted...
Ah, maybe, considering the majority of my awesome pokeys have met horrible fates due to various causes. (games being stolen, games being erased, little cousin letting them all go because "they were sad")

Why did he/she think they were sad XD

They were "locked up" in the boxes >_< I think she watches the anime too much.

So you got attacked by Poke-PETA?

Pretty much.
---
FF IX was better than FFVII. THERE, I SAID IT!!!
Unofficial Sneasel of the Pokemon X board.
#27KaizukezuPosted 5/9/2013 7:14:04 PM
I am totally for no backwards compatibility. That way it forces me to pick out new favorites early in the game, rather than just rushing through the game with the sole purpose of migrating in my favorites from my other games.

Making new team members that I wouldn't normally use would be great, especially if it allowed me to find that one Pokemon that I would like as much as Growlithe, Houndour, Zangoose, Lucario, and Bisharp.
#28SlimeStackPosted 5/10/2013 12:36:55 AM
snuffles504 posted...
_ice_beam_ posted...

Also Sudowoodo, Forretress, Nosepass, and Ferrothorn.

But that's still pretty significant.

EDIT: I find it a little odd that Gligar, Lunatone, Solrock, Baltoy, Turtwig, Bronzor, and Golett can all learn Stealth Rock through a move tutor but not through breeding.

Don't the B2W2 move tutors teach Stealth Rock to pretty much every Gen IV TM user?
---
Moo
#29crunchy612Posted 5/10/2013 1:14:20 AM
Worse idea than people wanting concede option to dota

*looks at several boxes filled with 'mons from previous games*

Yeah. My Swampert's the same one i used in Ruby.
---
Ragnarok: Tetra Vortex Warlock :3
"My scouter broke. The awkward level is off the charts." - nickcool1996, accurately describing Miyako Hotsuin.
#30pokemonfreak97Posted 5/10/2013 4:57:21 AM
ReachOutToTruth posted...
I'd be all for it if they used it as an opportunity to rebalance the game. Cutting off the past gens would mean that they cold drastically change up learnsets without being broken by migrating. >.>

Unless by "drastically change up learnsets" you mean "remove access to three generations of move tutors", they can do that in Gen VI without cutting stuff off. You can transfer Pokémon from Gen III to Gen V and their learnsets definitely change when you do that.
---
For those of you starting topics about the PS4, there's a PS4 board:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4