This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

would you be willing to give up backward trade ability if....

#31Missingno_MastrPosted 5/10/2013 5:02:54 AM
Oh, F*** no. I have a Swampert, Shiftry, Linoone, Castform, and Wynaut that are all over a decade old, event legendaries you can't get anymore, almost every fully evolved Pokémon EV trained, and a boatload of Pokémon from various in-game teams, all of whom I've bonded with, to say nothing of my collection of Shinies, and there's no way in hell I would choose slightly easier Pokédex completion over all of those.
---
Official badass Admin of Team Miror Infinity. I ride a Shadow Scolipede. Top that.
http://imageshack.us/a/img202/4572/missingnogif.gif
#32snuffles504Posted 5/10/2013 6:31:11 AM
SlimeStack posted...
snuffles504 posted...
_ice_beam_ posted...
Yes! That means that the only Pokemon that could learn Stealth Rock would be Gigalith, Crustle, Steelix, and Golem.

Also Sudowoodo, Forretress, Nosepass, and Ferrothorn.

But that's still pretty significant.

EDIT: I find it a little odd that Gligar, Lunatone, Solrock, Baltoy, Turtwig, Bronzor, and Golett can all learn Stealth Rock through a move tutor but not through breeding.

Don't the B2W2 move tutors teach Stealth Rock to pretty much every Gen IV TM user?

It wouldn't surprise me. The reason I singled out this list of Pokemon is because they're all in the either Mineral or Bug breeding groups, and so should be able to gain Stealth Rock via breeding from the Pokemon who learn it naturally. Turtwig is in the Grass group so it should be able to chain breed the move from Ferrothorn.
---
....because shutup.
R - Hyuck hyuck hyuck!
#33ClassyOldHatPosted 5/10/2013 7:37:54 AM
Kaizukezu posted...
I am totally for no backwards compatibility. That way it forces me to pick out new favorites early in the game, rather than just rushing through the game with the sole purpose of migrating in my favorites from my other games.

Why do people keep saying this? Transfer from past games has been strictly post-Elite Four since generation 4. Even in gen 3, you couldn't trade between FR/LG, C/XD, and R/S/E until you completed the main game. The games ALWAYS force you to pick new favorites early on, backwards compatible or otherwise! Even gen 2, the ONLY set of games to let your trade with an earlier generation before the Elite Four, required you to obtain 4 badges before you could do any imports.

I cannot understand why anyone would support the removal of backwards compatibility.
#34RudokuPosted 5/10/2013 1:21:20 PM(edited)
ClassyOldHat posted...
Kaizukezu posted...
I am totally for no backwards compatibility. That way it forces me to pick out new favorites early in the game, rather than just rushing through the game with the sole purpose of migrating in my favorites from my other games.

Why do people keep saying this? Transfer from past games has been strictly post-Elite Four since generation 4. Even in gen 3, you couldn't trade between FR/LG, C/XD, and R/S/E until you completed the main game. The games ALWAYS force you to pick new favorites early on, backwards compatible or otherwise! Even gen 2, the ONLY set of games to let your trade with an earlier generation before the Elite Four, required you to obtain 4 badges before you could do any imports.

I cannot understand why anyone would support the removal of backwards compatibility.

And because they don't have any self-control

Screw dropping backwards compatibility. I still have an old Blaziken from my Japanese Ruby game that kicks around. It's gotta be like 11 now.
---
Magical Scientist is more perfect than EotS because you get to shoot dinosaurs out of a turtle.
#35omegaslash14Posted 5/10/2013 4:20:13 PM
This is the worst idea in the history of ideas.
---
3DS FC: 0817-3744-5436 Name: Mugen
Add Meh
#36tooweakPosted 5/10/2013 5:08:54 PM
I would accept it IF
1]All events are reasonable accessible (no PCNY only, no Japan only, no Japan gets early, no regular ds "quality" wifi, no pay IRL to gets, etc)

2]Game/system is hackproof including pokegen proof. And if it isn't, game will at least tell need to tell which are fake WITHOUT GOING OUT OF ONES WAY TO CHECK (i.e. if I need to look at nature/2nd page that's OUT OF MY WAY). This must apply EVEN WHEN TRADING WITH "FRIENDS."

3]None of the old stuff gets Gen 3/4 (without guide or internet) Feebas style ridiculous.

Meet all those conditions, and I'll be glad to leave my two boxes of IV bred Eevees, box of IV bred Pikachu/Pichu, my 4+ Meloettas (MIGHT be more, not sure ince I sent a few extras to friends), etc behind.
---
It happened again. I cried at another Pokemon game.
#37_OdarpPosted 5/10/2013 5:33:26 PM
Nope, I actually grown to care for my Pokemon, I had some of them since ruby.
---
If I was Rick Astley I would randomly Rick Roll people in the street. Total ownage.
PSN: Pratypus
#38Dark_EinherjarPosted 5/11/2013 9:31:48 PM
tooweak posted...

2]Game/system is hackproof including pokegen proof. And if it isn't, game will at least tell need to tell which are fake WITHOUT GOING OUT OF ONES WAY TO CHECK (i.e. if I need to look at nature/2nd page that's OUT OF MY WAY). This must apply EVEN WHEN TRADING WITH "FRIENDS."

There's no such thing as "an unhackable system".
---
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals."
-Sirius Black