This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Should recharge moves be given their Generation I effect?

#1TwilightRaverPosted 5/8/2013 8:58:54 PM
Should they? - Results (270 votes)
Yes, it'd make them useful again and would allow for another risk vs. reward strategy.
63.33% (171 votes)
No, they are fine the way they are now.
24.81% (67 votes)
Indifferent.
11.85% (32 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Back in Generation I, if you KO'd an opponent with Hyper Beam, you could still move after.

Should that return?
---
Oh, youth... guided by the servant of the goddess...
Unite earth and sky, and bring light to the land.
#2TherianReturnsPosted 5/8/2013 9:02:14 PM
Yes. Also lol@anyone who would vote no
---
I am the only true Pokemon fan. If you can't accept this, take your jealousy away from my presence.
#3Thepenguinking2Posted 5/8/2013 9:23:23 PM
TherianReturns posted...
Yes. Also lol@anyone who would vote no

Holy cow I agreed with therian.
---
Deviantart: http://espio143.deviantart.com/
The Official Shiny Zangoose of the X/y Board!
#4Faust_8Posted 5/8/2013 9:58:36 PM
Back in Gen I we didn't have things like Slaking either.

STAB Giga Impact off of 160 base Attack and when he kills you with it, he just switches out. Oh, goody.

Oh and let's not forget Adaptability Porygon-Z. Use Agility, then at the right times fire off 300 base power Hyper Beams off of 135 base Sp. Attack, with no downside if you make sure to KO with it.

Pretty much nothing but Ghosts, walls or Normal-resisting Pokemon would be safe.
---
You are the universe
Expressing itself as a human, for a little while
#5Rad_DudesmanPosted 5/8/2013 9:59:07 PM
No, keep them the way they are.
#6gpstylezPosted 5/8/2013 10:09:37 PM
Yes.
---
I don't care which team wins the NBA playoffs...as long as it's not the Miami Heat.
PW2: 3912-5390-4626. Currently hooked on American Horror Story!
#7TherianReturnsPosted 5/8/2013 10:11:38 PM
Rad_Dudesman posted...
No, keep them the way they are.

lol@You
---
I am the only true Pokemon fan. If you can't accept this, take your jealousy away from my presence.
#8Art_BuddyPosted 5/8/2013 10:14:09 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#9EstheimasterPosted 5/8/2013 10:15:41 PM
Faust_8 posted...

STAB Giga Impact off of 160 base Attack and when he kills you with it, he just switches out. Oh, goody.

Oh and let's not forget Adaptability Porygon-Z. Use Agility, then at the right times fire off 300 base power Hyper Beams off of 135 base Sp. Attack, with no downside if you make sure to KO with it.

Pretty much nothing but Ghosts, walls or Normal-resisting Pokemon would be safe.

Porygon-Z (one of my favorite Pokemon) as the king of OU. I'm all for it.
---
The Official Bulbasaur of Pokemon X's board
Bowser Jr, T Zelda, Ridley, Palutena, Pittoo, Isaac, Shulk, Mewtwo, Robin, Balloon Fight, Crono, Mii, Megaman, Neku
#10TwilightRaver(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2013 10:50:10 PM
Faust_8 posted...

Now, it's not like they're THAT strong. On top of that, Protect, faster Substitutes, priority, etcetera, can still be put to use. It'd all be a matter of trying to avoid or resist the hit so you can get them to recharge and wipe them out, causing them to think carefully of when to use it. Besides, most of the standard competitive field have Pokemon that resist Normal types anyway, with the various Steel types (Scizor, Ferrothorn, Skarmory) and Rock types (Terrakion, Tyranitar).
---
Oh, youth... guided by the servant of the goddess...
Unite earth and sky, and bring light to the land.