This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Should recharge moves be given their Generation I effect?

#11Faust_8Posted 5/8/2013 10:17:51 PM
I dunno...Adaptability Hyper Beam is literally stronger than Explosion is nowadays, and STAB Giga Impact is still stronger than Self Destruct.

Besides Normal Pokemon though, I think it might be annoying how sweepers might use it just as a finishing move because it's stronger than the STAB moves, unless they're using the likes of Thunder, Fire Blast, etc.

Take, for example, Gyarados. His primary STAB comes out to 120 base power (Waterfall + STAB). Maybe some players would pack Giga Impact just to get that final hit (and activate Moxie). With Moxie and Dragon Dance(s) adding up he could potentially just Giga Impact most of your team for OHKOs.

I do see where you're coming from though. I'm just trying to bring everything to the table so each side of the discussion is explored. It has the potential to be an annoying overcentralizer or simply a harmless addition of strategy.
---
You are the universe
Expressing itself as a human, for a little while
#12lighting_deityPosted 5/8/2013 10:21:37 PM
Thepenguinking2 posted...
TherianReturns posted...
Yes. Also lol@anyone who would vote no

Holy cow I agreed with therian.

---
http://i.imgur.com/HFqlhlW.jpg
#13Gsus_94Posted 5/8/2013 10:36:09 PM
Chlorophyll, Growth, Frenzy Plant Venusaur! And Hydro Cannon Empoleon would be pretty beastly as well (and far more unpredictable. Imagine the opponent switches out in fear of Hydro Cannon and you Swords Dance instead and aqua jet or something.)
---
Black FC: 4470 3989 3640
White 2 FC: 1979 7990 6311 (Use this one unless specified)
#14Faust_8Posted 5/8/2013 10:41:55 PM
Oh yeah, forgot we had elemental recharge attacks as well...
---
You are the universe
Expressing itself as a human, for a little while
#15Torru369Posted 5/9/2013 12:44:44 AM
Yeah there are the other recharge moves to think off. Infernape would be even more powerful if it had a 150 STAB with only a small accuracy imperfection holding back its ko potential.
#16xyzlacticPosted 5/9/2013 1:55:38 AM
Yes. It should do that
---
Homosexual Hipster of Smash Bros and Pokemon X and Y boards. G.A.Y = Good At Yugioh
#17fallenKlNGPosted 5/9/2013 1:58:35 AM
Makes sense to me. Those moves are useless otherwise.
---
Wait I got it! Super Mario 3D Land will be in California and Super Mario 3D World will be in Florida. Zing! ~AloofGuyXXVII
#18trinityEDGEPosted 5/9/2013 2:58:18 AM
Faust_8 posted...
Back in Gen I we didn't have things like Slaking either.

STAB Giga Impact off of 160 base Attack and when he kills you with it, he just switches out. Oh, goody.

Oh and let's not forget Adaptability Porygon-Z. Use Agility, then at the right times fire off 300 base power Hyper Beams off of 135 base Sp. Attack, with no downside if you make sure to KO with it.

Pretty much nothing but Ghosts, walls or Normal-resisting Pokemon would be safe.

After Giga Impact, Traunt still takes place, so Slaking just gets a minor, minor buff. Still NU.

Let's put aside that Porygon-Z is a one trick pony, and that setting up Agility is a vulnerable turn. Not only do you give up one coverage move (I don't think you'd want to leave out Tri Attack) but most Rock, Steel, etc Pokemon still wall you, Mach Punch easily revenges you, subs still sub you, protect completely destroys you, etc. High tier UU to low tier OU.
#19pokemonfreak97Posted 5/9/2013 4:29:41 AM
Sure, they are useless now. But a Deoxys-Attack with a Focus Sash + Nasty Plot (that it just got from the event) + Hyper Beam is stopped only by Ghosts and Aggron. (MAYBE Chansey/Blissey)
---
For those of you starting topics about the PS4, there's a PS4 board:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4
#20TIGERJACKS0N-Posted 5/9/2013 4:33:22 AM
Better keep a ghost around then. I'm pretty sure it could also have a great fighting move to take nice sweet care of the aggron.
---
Everyday the sun comes up around her, she can make the birds, sing harmony!
http://i.imgur.com/VBsWOu2.png <3 Ain't no woman like the one i got..