This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Should recharge moves be given their Generation I effect?

#31Archwing3441Posted 5/10/2013 2:02:14 PM
I sorta want it to change back to how it was. For starters, most pokemon only get the normal variation, hyper beam and giga impact. For most pokemon, it wouldn't be a good move to put since it takes away from coverage (normal is immune to 1 type, resisted by 2, and strong against none). Truth be told, Overheat, Draco meteor, leaf storm, and psycho boost is only 10 BP less AND they have better coverage. For that reason, only a few pokemon would actually want to put these move (such as porygon-Z and slaking) or they'll be walled by more pokemon.
For the elemental variations, they are only available to the starters and dragon version for Dialga. Dialga is uber so I don't really know how much that'll break him in the uber tiers, but most of the starters would benefit a buff anyway. This would also indirectly help drought teams, which are underwhelming compared to drizzle teams, by buffing venasuar and infernape.
---
Nintendo? PlayStation? no...
http://mangafox.me/manga/mel_kano/v03/c016/27.html
#32Echo_djinnPosted 5/10/2013 2:07:02 PM
Blast Burn
Hydro Cannon
Frenzy Plant

ALL THE THINGS!!!!
---
Wasting your time is the best use of my time.
Completed Xcom: Enemy Unknown Impossible Difficulty. Like a Boss
#33Dark Young LinkPosted 5/10/2013 2:15:35 PM
I think they need to improve the Charge and Attack moves.

No one uses Sky Attack, and that's a shame.
---
Nominate N for The Great GameFAQs Character Battle IX!
Sleep? F*** sleep, Toonami is on!!- GenesisSaga
#34yzmanPosted 5/10/2013 2:20:42 PM
Back in Gen I we didn't have things like Slaking either.

STAB Giga Impact off of 160 base Attack and when he kills you with it, he just switches out. Oh, goody.

Oh and let's not forget Adaptability Porygon-Z. Use Agility, then at the right times fire off 300 base power Hyper Beams off of 135 base Sp. Attack, with no downside if you make sure to KO with it.

Pretty much nothing but Ghosts, walls or Normal-resisting Pokemon would be safe.

So you are complaining that Slaking may actually get used?
---
"As I was walking up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there, he wasn't there again today, i wish I wish he'd go away."
#35Erics84Posted 5/10/2013 3:06:20 PM
It would make no damn sense for a Pokémon to not need to recharge after Hyper Beaming just because it knocked its opponent.
#36bobstevens23123Posted 5/10/2013 3:10:53 PM
Faust_8 posted...

STAB Giga Impact off of 160 base Attack and when he kills you with it, he just switches out. Oh, goody.

Oh and let's not forget Adaptability Porygon-Z. Use Agility, then at the right times fire off 300 base power Hyper Beams off of 135 base Sp. Attack, with no downside if you make sure to KO with it.

Pretty much nothing but Ghosts, walls or Normal-resisting Pokemon would be safe.

thats a lot of safe pokemon
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/960188-call-of-duty-black-ops/59821100
#37CakeOfLiesPosted 5/10/2013 3:27:24 PM
"Enemy GYARADOS used HYPER BEAM!"

http://brawlinthefamily.keenspot.com/2010/09/27/275-hyper-beam/
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
#38TherianReturnsPosted 5/10/2013 3:29:26 PM
IAmBearGrylls posted...
TherianReturns posted...
Yes. Also lol@anyone who would vote no

Also, lol@your ignorance.

First of all, you're nobody and second, you can't just spew insults with no backbone. If anyone is ignorant, it's you. #hypocrite
---
I am the only true Pokemon fan. If you can't accept this, take your jealousy away from my presence.
#39Sid_StarkillerPosted 5/10/2013 6:23:11 PM
I'm inclined to think that was a glitch, so no.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 1292-6017-5477 (Sid)
Statement: Just a simple droid here, ma'am. Nothing to see. Move along.
#40Faust_8Posted 5/11/2013 10:30:13 PM
yzman posted...

So you are complaining that Slaking may actually get used?

No but a Slaking OHKO-ing or severely wounding anything he switches into isn't right either.

Even something with great HP, Defense, AND resists Normal can still lose half its health to a Giga Impact from Slaking. Do we really want to be forced to predict switches with Ghost types just to keep Slaking from ruining whatever is put in front of him?

Just saying. I could be making a mountain out of a molehill but I just think this needs to be really thought about before we say it would be totally fine. I have yet to hear anything really substantial besides "well that's only Slaking and Porygon-Z."
---
You are the universe
Expressing itself as a human, for a little while