This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm trying to build an Uber Sun team

#11EchoPhoenixPosted 5/8/2013 11:50:06 PM
Use Latias/Arceus-Grass to take out the other weather-bringers. You might want Thunder Wave on your team somewhere (maybe Groudon), unless you're using Tailwind shenanigans for that. Oh, and a spinner would be nice for SR.

My Sun team was based around Darkrai + Blaziken, and it was pretty fun. Not sure if you're a fan of either of them, but Darkrai or some other speedy Pokemon would be nice to add to your team, since all your Pokemon only have base 90 Speed so far.
#12Jarred623Posted 5/9/2013 12:00:14 AM
Victreebel is my favorite sun sweeper.
---
This account has been placed into Purgatory, a timed suspension from posting any further messages on GameFAQs. Twice.
#13Noble-HeartPosted 5/9/2013 12:07:49 AM
Victreebel or Venusuar.
---
Official Crystal of the Pokemon X and Y board
#14pokemonfreak97Posted 5/9/2013 4:37:39 AM
I'd suggest a Chlorophyll Venusaur with SolarBeam. A Grass Arceus might fill the role of the guy to take out other weather starters (it's called anti-weather, right?); leading with that against any obvious rain teams/sand teams would be good.
---
For those of you starting topics about the PS4, there's a PS4 board:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4
#15AnclationPosted 5/9/2013 5:39:24 AM
You definitely need something to deal with Kyogre. Palkia quad-resists Kyogre's water attacks and can outspeed and revenge kill most of the other dragons with a Scarf, so it is actually very useful on Sun Teams. If you're going to use both Reshiram and Ho-Oh you'll probably want either a rapid spinner (Forretress is the obvious one, but Excadrill can also work if you use it right) or a magic bouncer. Also, if you use a rapid spinner you might want to add a Pokemon capable of killing off annoying spin-blocking ghosts, like Darkrai or Arceus Dark.

Of course, you could also go a more offensive route and replace Ho-Oh with Blaziken (that way you still have a physical fire type, but one that's not super weak to Stealth Rocks) and use a Chlorophyll user instead of a spinner.
#16link_15Posted 5/9/2013 6:06:26 AM
if you're going to put groudon, ho-oh, and reshiram on the same team then you're going to have a big rock and water weakness. so work on covering those weaknesses.
---
http://i.minus.com/izxgfHjTzPAFN.jpg
#17iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2013 7:04:17 AM
Anclation posted...
You definitely need something to deal with Kyogre. Palkia quad-resists Kyogre's water attacks and can outspeed and revenge kill most of the other dragons with a Scarf, so it is actually very useful on Sun Teams. If you're going to use both Reshiram and Ho-Oh you'll probably want either a rapid spinner (Forretress is the obvious one, but Excadrill can also work if you use it right) or a magic bouncer. Also, if you use a rapid spinner you might want to add a Pokemon capable of killing off annoying spin-blocking ghosts, like Darkrai or Arceus Dark.

Of course, you could also go a more offensive route and replace Ho-Oh with Blaziken (that way you still have a physical fire type, but one that's not super weak to Stealth Rocks) and use a Chlorophyll user instead of a spinner.

Alright, so I'll probably add in bulky dual screen Espeon, Hydreigon, and either Zekrom, Shaymin-S, or Arceus grass
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US