This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why is healing in PokeCenters made so frusterating?

#1supremeblasterPosted 5/9/2013 3:19:32 AM
I mean every single time you have to heal, you have to hear those same 5 sentences all over again. Why could it just be "Want to heal your pokemon?" Yes "Your pokemon are healed".

Is this done on purpose?
#2CM_PonchPosted 5/9/2013 3:20:57 AM
Yeah, f*** that nurse for wanting to have a conversation and trying to escape her life behind the desk.
---
http://i.minus.com/ibaA0poozfqtmX.gif
http://i.imgur.com/0Ccy1.png
#3SammuthegreatPosted 5/9/2013 3:22:24 AM
supremeblaster posted...
I mean every single time you have to heal, you have to hear those same 5 sentences all over again. Why could it just be "Want to heal your pokemon?" Yes "Your pokemon are healed".

Is this done on purpose?

I always figured the animation where your Pokeballs appear on the machine one by one and then the little jingle was a disguised load screen while the game reset your Pokémon to 100%.

No idea why the dialogue needs repeating every time though. Very irritating.
#4Great_ReapettePosted 5/9/2013 4:30:27 AM
"We hope to see you again."
---
Anatidaephobia is the fear that somewhere, somehow, a duck is watching you, staring into your soul, using its duckiness.
QUACK.
#5TIGERJACKS0N-Posted 5/9/2013 4:31:52 AM
I don't mind. Always nice to conversate with that lovely lady!
---
Everyday the sun comes up around her, she can make the birds, sing harmony!
http://i.imgur.com/VBsWOu2.png <3 Ain't no woman like the one i got..
#6ClassyOldHatPosted 5/9/2013 6:03:52 AM
I remember that if you got four stars on your trainer card in Gen 4 games, the Nurse would recognize you as the champion (No, really? It's not like that was the first star on my card or anything) and had much shorter dialogue, figuring you already knew this. That was perhaps the best reward for almost 100% completion ever.

Why it has to be after you've earned FOUR stars, though, is anyone's guess. I wonder if it still does this in gen 5.
#7UmuruPosted 5/9/2013 6:07:00 AM
You could always just cycle your team through the Box to heal them if you don't feel like talking to the nurse.
#8Gray_AreasPosted 5/9/2013 6:13:44 AM
ClassyOldHat posted...
I remember that if you got four stars on your trainer card in Gen 4 games, the Nurse would recognize you as the champion (No, really? It's not like that was the first star on my card or anything) and had much shorter dialogue, figuring you already knew this. That was perhaps the best reward for almost 100% completion ever.

Why it has to be after you've earned FOUR stars, though, is anyone's guess. I wonder if it still does this in gen 5.

The first time you go in with a 4 Star card the nurse says something like, "Wow! That's the first Gold card I've ever seen! I've seen several people with Silver cards, but never a Gold one!" And then every time after that the nurses say something more like, "The usual, [Player]?"
---
White FC: 4727 7422 4019
Platinum FC: 2063 5286 9480
#9ClassyOldHatPosted 5/9/2013 6:21:03 AM
Gray_Areas posted...
ClassyOldHat posted...

The first time you go in with a 4 Star card the nurse says something like, "Wow! That's the first Gold card I've ever seen! I've seen several people with Silver cards, but never a Gold one!" And then every time after that the nurses say something more like, "The usual, [Player]?"

Right. It's been a while, I guess I forgot that she had been talking about being a gold card holder, rather than a champion.
#10Luigifan141Posted 5/9/2013 6:42:08 AM
Gray_Areas posted...
ClassyOldHat posted...

I never knew that... O_O

The more you know!
---
Official Mike Meekins of AA5 boards. Official Olimar of SSB Wii U Boards.
Playing: Paper Mario