This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why is healing in PokeCenters made so frusterating?

#11Gray_AreasPosted 5/9/2013 7:44:03 AM
Luigifan141 posted...
Gray_Areas posted...
ClassyOldHat posted...
I remember that if you got four stars on your trainer card in Gen 4 games, the Nurse would recognize you as the champion (No, really? It's not like that was the first star on my card or anything) and had much shorter dialogue, figuring you already knew this. That was perhaps the best reward for almost 100% completion ever.

Why it has to be after you've earned FOUR stars, though, is anyone's guess. I wonder if it still does this in gen 5.

The first time you go in with a 4 Star card the nurse says something like, "Wow! That's the first Gold card I've ever seen! I've seen several people with Silver cards, but never a Gold one!" And then every time after that the nurses say something more like, "The usual, [Player]?"

I never knew that... O_O

The more you know!

Unfortunately, the novelty wears off pretty quickly and soon enough you're just mashing A to get the nurse to shut up and heal your Pokemon. But it is still pretty neat. :)
---
White FC: 4727 7422 4019
Platinum FC: 2063 5286 9480
#12SpikayaPosted 5/9/2013 7:53:11 AM
WHY MUST PEOPLE TALK

I HATE PEOPLE

STOP TALKING TO ME GODDAMNIT
---
My Face x Desk for Canon!
Ohh, great, great, attack of the supermodels. - The Doctor
#13Dark_EinherjarPosted 5/9/2013 8:11:15 AM
The nurse's dialogue never really bothered me, ever since Gen I, and now that there are doctors and nurses all over the world who will heal your Pokémon on the spot as many times as you want after you beat them once, I have even less reason to be bothered by it.

Speaking of which... THANK YOU, SAID DOCTORS AND NURSES!
Thanks to you, I no longer have to backtrack to the nearest PokeCenter everytime I want/need some emergency healing. I love you. <3
---
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals."
-Sirius Black
#14crunchy612Posted 5/9/2013 8:28:38 AM
New Repel thing, Docs/Nurses, easier breeding and dat rare candy lady in Nimbasa

Just some of the things i LOVE about gen 5.
---
Ragnarok: Tetra Vortex Warlock :3
"My scouter broke. The awkward level is off the charts." - nickcool1996, accurately describing Miyako Hotsuin.
#15Thepenguinking2Posted 5/9/2013 8:44:17 AM
"We hope to see you again!"
"So you WANT my pokemon to be beat up and thrown aside?"
"Yes, we get paid for it!"
---
Deviantart: http://espio143.deviantart.com/
The Official Shiny Zangoose of the X/y Board!
#16iKhanicPosted 5/9/2013 8:50:36 AM
crunchy612 posted...
New Repel thing, Docs/Nurses, easier breeding and dat rare candy lady in Nimbasa

What new repel thing?
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#17Great_ReapettePosted 5/9/2013 8:52:14 AM
iKhanic posted...
crunchy612 posted...

What new repel thing?

When you use a Repel, and it runs out, if you have any more, it will ask if you want to use another.

In BW2 anyways.
---
Anatidaephobia is the fear that somewhere, somehow, a duck is watching you, staring into your soul, using its duckiness.
QUACK.
#18supremeblaster(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2013 8:56:55 AM
iKhanic posted...
crunchy612 posted...

What new repel thing?

In b/w2, the game asks you if you want to use another repel after your last one finishes. It really makes the process of using several repels much less frusterating.
#19supremeblaster(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2013 9:02:36 AM
Spikaya posted...
WHY MUST PEOPLE TALK

I HATE PEOPLE

STOP TALKING TO ME GODDAMNIT

You can't tell me you don't feel frusterated talking to nurse joy after being spoiled by all the doctors and nurses...
#20snuffles504Posted 5/9/2013 9:19:48 AM
Thepenguinking2 posted...
"We hope to see you again!"
"So you WANT my pokemon to be beat up and thrown aside?"
"Yes, we get paid for it!"

Let's face it: this is a world where people send out their pets to battle each other for sport and it's perfectly acceptable.

Seeing as you're somewhere between 11 and 15, there is a 100% chance that your Pokemon are going to need healing after a couple rounds of battles.

So if the Pokecenter doesn't see you again, there's probably something horribly wrong.
---
....because shutup.
R - Hyuck hyuck hyuck!