This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why is healing in PokeCenters made so frusterating?

#21Faust_8Posted 5/9/2013 8:29:00 AM
Frustrating.

It's frustrating.

Normally I don't care but you've messed it up three times. It become frustrating that you misspelled frustrating.
---
You are the universe
Expressing itself as a human, for a little while
#22KingTumbleweedPosted 5/9/2013 8:30:47 AM
Thepenguinking2 posted...
"We hope to see you again!"
"So you WANT my pokemon to be beat up and thrown aside?"
"Yes, we get paid for it!"

Not this ridiculous quote again...

You can see her perfectly without getting beaten down to the ground. In fact, you are just as in the wrong since it's your job to look after your Pokemon, which you are obviously not doing if you continue to bring them to a nurse every single day.

Is it so wrong that she wants to see you again? In fact, she could possibly mean she wants to see your Pokemon in good health again.

Arceus help you if you visit a real doctor who says the same thing.
---
Official Ferrothorn(Spaghetti) of Pokemon X/Y boards. Shadow Ferrothorn Admin of somewhere.
Certainly not a spy for any teams
#23VIIVincentPosted 5/9/2013 8:58:43 AM
KingTumbleweed posted...
Thepenguinking2 posted...
"We hope to see you again!"
"So you WANT my pokemon to be beat up and thrown aside?"
"Yes, we get paid for it!"

Not this ridiculous quote again...

You can see her perfectly without getting beaten down to the ground. In fact, you are just as in the wrong since it's your job to look after your Pokemon, which you are obviously not doing if you continue to bring them to a nurse every single day.

Is it so wrong that she wants to see you again? In fact, she could possibly mean she wants to see your Pokemon in good health again.

Arceus help you if you visit a real doctor who says the same thing.

this.
---
The end is nigh! *continues playing game*
#24Masenko86Posted 5/9/2013 9:07:35 AM
Great_Reapette posted...
iKhanic posted...
crunchy612 posted...
New Repel thing, Docs/Nurses, easier breeding and dat rare candy lady in Nimbasa

Just some of the things i LOVE about gen 5.

What new repel thing?

When you use a Repel, and it runs out, if you have any more, it will ask if you want to use another.

In BW2 anyways.

Which woulda been nice for chaining in gen 4
---
"I am the voice of one among the silent who's tired of burning among the flames"
#25crunchy612Posted 5/9/2013 9:20:09 AM
Chaining

Oh god the nightmares

Bidoofs! So many Bidoofs! I want a Shiny Shinx! :((
---
Ragnarok: Tetra Vortex Warlock :3
"My scouter broke. The awkward level is off the charts." - nickcool1996, accurately describing Miyako Hotsuin.
#26GastroidPosted 5/9/2013 9:37:16 AM
You can heal instantly with paid-for potions and other medicines, or you can withstand a thirty second sequence to heal up for free. It's a patience trade-off.
---
Achilles Mark IV Mechroid
Horseman of the Apocalypse - War
#27Greatdane801Posted 5/9/2013 10:01:07 AM
Because it's a fail state. There has to be a punishment for having all your Poke'mon faint, just like a gameover screen in other games. It's annoying enough that you're going to try harder to stay alive/ do better so you dont have to go through the task of walking back to the poke center and talking to nurse Joy.
---
*Signature*
#28jayman7Posted 5/9/2013 10:03:33 AM
Sammuthegreat posted...
I always figured the animation where your Pokeballs appear on the machine one by one and then the little jingle was a disguised load screen while the game reset your Pokémon to 100%.

There's no particular reason this load time would be needed; even on the B&W Game Boy, just changing some numbers and unsetting some flags would not take ten seconds.

They do it for flavor. It doesn't take that long.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#29supremeblaster(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2013 10:42:36 AM
Gastroid posted...
You can heal instantly with paid-for potions and other medicines, or you can withstand a thirty second sequence to heal up for free. It's a patience trade-off.

Or you can talk to a doctor who does it instantly...so that's kind of a moot point.
#30supremeblaster(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2013 10:45:56 AM
Greatdane801 posted...
Because it's a fail state. There has to be a punishment for having all your Poke'mon faint, just like a gameover screen in other games. It's annoying enough that you're going to try harder to stay alive/ do better so you dont have to go through the task of walking back to the poke center and talking to nurse Joy.

No matter how well you do, you still have to go there for pp-restoring eventually.