This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So, question about eggs

#1Masenko86Posted 5/9/2013 5:55:17 AM
I'm trying to breed a shiny through Masuda Method. I saved in front of the daycare man after he tells me to come there. After getting 5 eggs, I hatch them and check IVs; if none are shiny and none are worth keeping (say, for replacing a parent), then I reset. Now, it's been my understanding that IVs are generated after receiving the egg. However, the 4 or 5 times I've reset, the egg I receive as soon as I start my game has had the same IV rating... Relatively superior, with fantastic HP and Sp. Def. The only thing that hasn't remained constant is the gender. I even tried one time taking a couple of steps and then receiving the egg. That's when I saw the gender change, but same stat ratings. Are IVs generated when the man finds the eggs in B2W2? I highly doubt after several tries that it's coincidence, but I can't be too sure.
---
"I am the voice of one among the silent who's tired of burning among the flames"
#2Great_ReapettePosted 5/9/2013 5:56:34 AM
The IVs vary as do gender and Shininess.

Perhaps there were different IVs, they just added up to the same with the same amount in HP and SPD both times?
---
Anatidaephobia is the fear that somewhere, somehow, a duck is watching you, staring into your soul, using its duckiness.
QUACK.
#3Masenko86(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2013 6:05:59 AM
Great_Reapette posted...

Perhaps there were different IVs, they just added up to the same with the same amount in HP and SPD both times?

Not "both" times... 5x in a row. Didn't think anything of it the first time. I mean, the HP will be the same due to power weight, but sp. def. should vary each time. And it's odd/improbable to be in the same IV range every time as well, but not impossible.
---
"I am the voice of one among the silent who's tired of burning among the flames"
#4Masenko86(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2013 6:08:28 AM
Pokemon is conspiring to make me think things I know aren't true lol it's gotta be random every time. Everyone knows that.
---
#5Great_ReapettePosted 5/9/2013 6:11:01 AM
Masenko86 posted...
Great_Reapette posted...

Not "both" times... 5x in a row. Didn't think anything of it the first time. I mean, the HP will be the same due to power weight, but sp. def. should vary each time. And it's odd/improbable to be in the same IV range every time as well, but not impossible.

THIS IS COMPLICATED CRAP COMING
DON'T READ IF YOU DON'T CARE

Okay, see, in breeding after Platinum I think, mechanics were changed. Now, it inherits an IV from a parent, another IV from a parent, and a third IV from a parent. In other words, it could very easily be inheriting the SPD both times.

The rest of the IVs are randomly determined.

...Huh. I guess that wasn't all that complicated.
---
Anatidaephobia is the fear that somewhere, somehow, a duck is watching you, staring into your soul, using its duckiness.
QUACK.
#6Masenko86(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2013 6:22:19 AM
Great_Reapette posted...
Masenko86 posted...
Great_Reapette posted...

THIS IS COMPLICATED CRAP COMING
DON'T READ IF YOU DON'T CARE

Okay, see, in breeding after Platinum I think, mechanics were changed. Now, it inherits an IV from a parent, another IV from a parent, and a third IV from a parent. In other words, it could very easily be inheriting the SPD both times.

The rest of the IVs are randomly determined.

...Huh. I guess that wasn't all that complicated.

What are the odds of it inheriting the SAME IV 5x in a row, AND it being relatively superior 5x in a row with 3 IVs being totally random? And let's say I know that neither parent has 30 spd IVs because I happened to check them? 1 has 31 (but it has the everstone) and the other has less than 30, because the IV judge only said HP was its best stat, and it was fantastic... And I used IV calculator as well. So either way, your theory is busted. It didn't inherit that IV from either parent any time.
---
#7Great_ReapettePosted 5/9/2013 6:24:41 AM
Relatively superior IV range = 121-150 IVs total.
In addition, the pseudo-random number generator could just be really screwy and giving you a lot of Special Defence IVs every time.
---
QUACK.
#8Masenko86(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2013 6:38:05 AM
Great_Reapette posted...
Relatively superior IV range = 121-150 IVs total.
In addition, the pseudo-random number generator could just be really screwy and giving you a lot of Special Defence IVs every time.

Yeah, I figure this is happening. It's the first time I've seen it so it threw me for a loop, so to speak.
---
#9crunchy612Posted 5/9/2013 6:46:05 AM
The first egg in a sequence are all the same when you restart

The IVs are, at least. It's a quirk in BW2
---
Ragnarok: Tetra Vortex Warlock :3
"My scouter broke. The awkward level is off the charts." - nickcool1996, accurately describing Miyako Hotsuin.
#10Masenko86(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2013 6:49:33 AM
crunchy612 posted...
The first egg in a sequence are all the same when you restart

The IVs are, at least. It's a quirk in BW2

Really? So I'm not crazy after all lol
---