This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Curse you Basculin!

#1Strain42Posted 5/9/2013 7:56:50 AM
So I'm playing White version and trying to get myself a Red Striped Basculin, which since this is a White version means I'm already having to do lots of pointless la-di-da-ing just to get the rippling water to pop up, but more specifically I'm trying to get one with Adaptability since I consider Reckless to be pretty useless for me. And for some reason even in the red while paralyzed, it still takes several Pokeballs to try and capture one. I've caught like 7 so far and they all have Reckless!

/rant over

Maybe I should just catch one in Black and trade it over.

Slightly off topic but does anyone know if Red Basculin can create Blue Basculin eggs? I've always been curious about that.
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/ (Currently Updating: Persona 4TW Add-On M-F)
#2javel34Posted 5/9/2013 8:09:55 AM(edited)
First off basculin is probably the most underrated poke ever :p

B) wouldn't reckless be better for him? No damage from recoil moves is a bonus

3) I don't see why not, but I've never tried.

EDIT: sorry got rock head and reckless mixed up :p
---
Black 2 FC: 3569 1730 6208
#3iKhanicPosted 5/9/2013 8:14:37 AM
I hate basculin. I'm pretty sure those things spawn more than tentacool. Plus, it's a generic fish Pokemon and not even originally so. It pretty much screams gimmick Pokemon. And I'm normally forgiving of gimmicks if they are interesting, but basculin's is just stupid.

/rant over

Any way, have you considered a using better fish poke like Magikarp or Feebas?
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#4scrappybristolPosted 5/9/2013 8:18:59 AM
Just send over a frillish.
---
I'm a jukebox hero.
#5Great_ReapettePosted 5/9/2013 8:21:10 AM
Curse you, snacks!
CURSE YOU!!!

I'm sorry but that was what I thought when I read the title
---
Anatidaephobia is the fear that somewhere, somehow, a duck is watching you, staring into your soul, using its duckiness.
QUACK.
#6Strain42(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2013 8:22:49 AM
I use Pokemon I like, not Pokemon that are just considered good, and I happen to like Basculin quite a bit over the other Water types in Gen 5 (note I'm already using Caracosta and Jellicent in other versions)

Yeah, Rock Head wouldn't be bad, and I could easily get that if I picked the Blue one but...eh, I just don't really like the Blue one xD lol

Does Basculin even learn any worthwhile recoil moves for it to matter? I mean it gets Take Down and Double Edge but do those really matter that much? ...I guess Double Edge is pretty strong, and Reckless would only enhance that...

I dunno. I just don't usually use recoil moves.
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/ (Currently Updating: Persona 4TW Add-On M-F)
#7Dark_EinherjarPosted 5/9/2013 8:23:25 AM
As much as I hate running into wild Basculin, ever since I saw the power of its Choice Band + Adaptability Waterfall, I have some respect for it.

If one has a problem with wild Basculin, Repel exists. Use it.
---
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals."
-Sirius Black
#8crunchy612Posted 5/9/2013 8:25:45 AM
Red can't make blue and vice versa iirc
---
Ragnarok: Tetra Vortex Warlock :3
"My scouter broke. The awkward level is off the charts." - nickcool1996, accurately describing Miyako Hotsuin.
#9Strain42(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2013 8:26:09 AM
Great_Reapette posted...
Curse you, snacks!
CURSE YOU!!!

I'm sorry but that was what I thought when I read the title

"Hey...I like snacks."
"He likes snacks, Zim."
---