This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

When you reach a new route, what's the first thing you do?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. When you reach a new route, what's the first thing you do?
3 years ago#1
In a new Pokemon game, upon reaching a new route, what's the first thing you do? - Results (108 votes)
Go into the grass and look for some new Pokemon
47.22% (51 votes)
Go and fight the first trainer or NPC you see
10.19% (11 votes)
Go and search for hidden items and secrets
7.41% (8 votes)
Go and look for your Rival
0% (0 votes)
Go and see if you can find any rest stop or houses
3.7% (4 votes)
Take a brief look at the route but avoid grass and trainers.
11.11% (12 votes)
Check your Pokemon Party. If you like it, you continue. If you don't, you go back and switch
0.93% (1 votes)
Go fishing/Surfing in the water
0.93% (1 votes)
2 or more of the above
16.67% (18 votes)
Pause the game and take a get some BACON!/Other (Post in topic)
1.85% (2 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Remember, just a route. Not a town or City.
The fastest Pokemon trainer alive!
3 years ago#2
I do everything I can.

I start at one end and I don't move forward until I have battled every trainer, gotten every poke I think I can find (I try to not use any guides about poke locations until after I have finished the E4), battled every trainer, picked up all visible items, and clicked all over the possible places for hidden items.

I also explore any rest areas and talk to all NPCs that might be there.
One of my fitness goals is to be able to lift an adult female, approximately the size of my wife, into the trunk of my car without any help.
3 years ago#3
Usually catch as many new pokes as I can. Then proceed to battle/talk to everyone.
Black 2 FC: 3569 1730 6208
3 years ago#4
Touch myself a little.
I'd put a quip here, but I'm not hilarious enough.
3 years ago#5
I'd like to say go and look for new Pokemon, but most of the games don't give you the option to catch them yet. I really wish this one just gives you your Pokedex and pokeballs when you get your starter<.<
Join our bearded nation , our bearded population, our bearded operation. Its not an invitation, it is an expectation.
3 years ago#6
Rest stops.
Official Ferrothorn(Spaghetti) of Pokemon X/Y boards. Shadow Ferrothorn Admin of somewhere.
Certainly not a spy for any teams
3 years ago#7
Put the lid down and drink some water
Make my way to the area after the route if it's a town, otherwise go straight to the next step
Catch each and every pokemon possible, unless it's a shaking grass/water hole pokemon/~1% appearance chance
All the while fight all the trainers possible
And loot stuff ofc
Ragnarok: Tetra Vortex Warlock :3
"My scouter broke. The awkward level is off the charts." - nickcool1996, accurately describing Miyako Hotsuin.
3 years ago#8
I keep on walking in the direction of the next gym.

I walk through grass wherever possible though, and look around for other trainers. I also check out every NPC and building .
3 years ago#9
I catch all the new Pokemon to see which ones I want to use in my team and which ones are HM slaves/ccollection fodder.
Then I use the new Pokemon if I choose one to beat all the trainers on that route, looking for items along the way.
Pokemon White 2 FC:4427 9362 7702
3DS FC: 1891-1152-0901
3 years ago#10
Collect all items, talk to all NPCs, beat all trainers, catch all Pokémon. In that order.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. When you reach a new route, what's the first thing you do?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived