This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Try and convince me that Sylveon is female only

#31BountyanPosted 5/9/2013 1:37:36 PM(edited)
I can't convince you that it's female only, but I CAN convince you that it's fairly plausible.

Copypasta from old thread:
I think female exclusivity is plausible. Nymphs are female only goddesses. Virgil's Eevee was explicitly mentioned to be female, when they barely ever go out of their way to mention genders in the anime. Meowth also falls in love with the Sylveon in the M16 short so it's very likely that the Sylveon there is female. Also Shoko acts as Sylveon in Smash while all the other guys who are in Eevee costumes are male. Throw all that together with the feminine appearance and I think there's a chance.

javel34 posted...
12.5% that's why not

They've done a 12.5% female evolution before bro
---
3DS FC: -
White 2 FC: 1765 0547 5604, Name: Kojo
#32Arne83(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2013 1:43:08 PM
Bountyan posted...
javel34 posted...
12.5% that's why not

That reminds me... does anyone actually use Vespiquen?
---
More of a Pokemon fan than TherianReturns will ever be.
#33SPDShadowRangerPosted 5/9/2013 1:45:00 PM
Female Mr. Mime...just saying lol

I highly doubt it would be female only.
#34BountyanPosted 5/9/2013 1:48:25 PM
SPDShadowRanger posted...
Female Mr. Mime...just saying lol

I highly doubt it would be female only.

Mr. Mime is fair though because that's the English name's fault. They called it Mr. Mime before they knew they'd be introducing genders. In Japanese the name is gender neutral.
---
3DS FC: -
White 2 FC: 1765 0547 5604, Name: Kojo
#35Probit_ReturnPosted 5/9/2013 1:51:15 PM
Arne83 posted...
Bountyan posted...
javel34 posted...
12.5% that's why not

That reminds me... does anyone actually use Vespiquen?

*Shudders* I forgot about Vespiquen... I'd hope Game Freak wouldn't be stupid enough to repeat such a horrible idea. Granted, Eevee has more evos than just that one (potentially) female only evolution, but still, it's more of a hassle than it really needs to be.
---
Hinako danced crazy
#36Strain42Posted 5/9/2013 6:42:27 PM
I actually like Vespiquen a lot. The only reason I don't use one is just because it's hard to work it into my team.

I don't like repeating types, so I can't have Vespiquen AND a Flying type that can actually learn Fly in my team.

If Gen 4 had its far share of Flygons, Volcaronas or Golurks (non-flying types that can learn fly) I probably would have a Vespiquen in my team.
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/ (Currently Updating: Persona 4TW Add-On M-F)
#37legendxofxskyPosted 5/9/2013 6:53:44 PM
Anybody posted...
Anyone posted...
Everyone posted...
No.
#38legendxofxskyPosted 5/9/2013 6:54:59 PM
Anywho posted...
Anybody posted...
Anyone posted...
Everyone posted...
No.
#39legendxofxskyPosted 5/9/2013 6:55:52 PM
We Finally Get It posted...
Anywho posted...
Anybody posted...
Anyone posted...
Everyone posted...
No.
#40Probit_ReturnPosted 5/9/2013 7:17:44 PM
Strain42 posted...
I actually like Vespiquen a lot. The only reason I don't use one is just because it's hard to work it into my team.

I don't like repeating types, so I can't have Vespiquen AND a Flying type that can actually learn Fly in my team.

If Gen 4 had its far share of Flygons, Volcaronas or Golurks (non-flying types that can learn fly) I probably would have a Vespiquen in my team.

It's not that I don't like Vespiquen. I think it's an interesting pokemon, it's just a real pain in the ass to get. It's gotten easier in recent releases, but breeding for one is still a pain.
---
Hinako danced crazy