This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So I was going to start fresh with Pokemon

#1R-ZoroPosted 5/9/2013 1:32:23 PM
Haven't played since Platinum and even then I didn't really play that gen. I remember getting all into EVs and IVs, but that eventually sucked all the fun out of the game for me. Now I see that you can hack pokemon with the best stats and it is impossible to prove it's hacked. So is EV training practically worthless now?

Do people use those in tournaments? That doesn't seem too fair if they didn't work for that pokemon. It's a bit upsetting to know that all the work I have done is replicated by some hack in 5 minutes and there is no way to tell them apart.
#2EstheimasterPosted 5/9/2013 1:37:49 PM
I RNG breed and EV train, so each Pokemon that I use competitively has been worked on by me for at least two hours. RNG abusing is easy to learn and takes skill, unlike a simple hack that takes minutes. I think it's fair to use RNGing and EV training to get good Pokemon- it's a work of pride. I am very proud of the Pokemon that I raise and how their good at battling.

My collection:
https://www.pokecheck.org/?p=box&bid=4&u=blake2

I have raised each of them from eggs and they are all legit and tournament usable. I also have a Haxorus and Cloyster that I just haven't had time to upload.
---
The Official Bulbasaur of Pokemon X's board
Bowser Jr, T Zelda, Ridley, Palutena, Pittoo, Isaac, Shulk, Mewtwo, Robin, Balloon Fight, Crono, Mii, Megaman, Neku
#3RingsOfUranusPosted 5/9/2013 1:43:13 PM
EV training and IV values are supposed to be hidden factors to begin with. There is no 'legitimate' way to manipulate them. It doesn't matter if it takes you hours to cheat, or ten minutes. It's still cheating. Whatever helps you sleep at night though.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC: 1636-3783-8366
Ipsylos: Psyduck easily is the best representation of Christianity on Pokemon period.
#4Davidk92Posted 5/9/2013 1:47:32 PM
RingsOfUranus posted...
EV training and IV values are supposed to be hidden factors to begin with. There is no 'legitimate' way to manipulate them. It doesn't matter if it takes you hours to cheat, or ten minutes. It's still cheating. Whatever helps you sleep at night though.

Glad to know SOMEONE knows what they're talking about.
---
"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you can't do."
~Walter Bagehot
#5HomeRowedPosted 5/9/2013 1:49:27 PM
inb4 giant argument
---
NO MORE FUNERAL CAKE UNTIL I CAN BE A GOOD GIRL
do you wanna die or just come real close?
#6RingsOfUranusPosted 5/9/2013 1:50:02 PM
http://tcpm.mrlazyinc.com/files/images/lawls/meme_faces/dis_gon_b_gud.gif
---
Pokemon White 2 FC: 1636-3783-8366
Ipsylos: Psyduck easily is the best representation of Christianity on Pokemon period.