This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Favorite Pokemon name(s)

#31TIGERJACKS0N-Posted 5/9/2013 10:26:07 PM
scrappybristol posted...
Galvantula.

I don't get what that name means. what does it have to with with an electric tarantula?
---
Everyday the sun comes up around her, she can make the birds, sing harmony!
http://i.imgur.com/VBsWOu2.png <3 Ain't no woman like the one i got..
#32Strain42Posted 5/9/2013 10:26:27 PM
Magcargo and Escavalier also deserve honorable mention.
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/ (Currently Updating: Persona 4TW Add-On M-F)
#33Defender31415Posted 5/10/2013 8:16:07 AM
TIGERJACKS0N- posted...
scrappybristol posted...
Galvantula.

I don't get what that name means. what does it have to with with an electric tarantula?

It's a combination of "Galvani" (from Luigi Galvani, a scientist who did experiments on the effects of electricity on the bodies of animals; for example, he used electricity to make frogs' legs jump) and "tarantula."
---
--- LG Nuzlocke Team: Percy (Blastoise), Sora (Pidgeot), Xena (Primeape), Eremos (Sandslash), La-Z-Boy (Snorlax), Caitlin (Kadabra)
#34KirazykidPosted 5/10/2013 8:20:39 AM
I always adored Dialga and Arceus. (And for the record, I pronounce Arceus like Ar + Zeus. I know it's wrong, but it's what I'm used to dagnabbit.)
Also Mewtwo. That's a pretty interesting name.
---
http://i.imgur.com/IeM8k.gif
White 2 Friend Code: 4342 1476 5894
#35sonicfanaticjtbPosted 5/10/2013 8:42:04 AM
Conkledurr

I love how derpy his name is despite how much of a beast he actually is. It amuses me. Why should you be intimidated by a 'mon with a silly name like, "conkledurr"? Because it carries around freaking cinder-blocks that it'll wreck your face with!

Serperior

They couldn't have given him a more fitting name without using the fan name, "smugleaf".

Whimsicott

Thanks to the wii, I've grown quite attached to whimsical names.

I'm sure there's more, but I'm not gonna go through the entire pokÚdex looking for 'em.
---
Krystal and Phoenix Wright for Smash 4!
... Please, Sakurai?
#36pokemonfreak97Posted 5/10/2013 12:00:37 PM
sonicfanaticjtb posted...
Conkledurr

I love how derpy his name is despite how much of a beast he actually is. It amuses me. Why should you be intimidated by a 'mon with a silly name like, "conkledurr"? Because it carries around freaking cinder-blocks that it'll wreck your face with!

Serperior

They couldn't have given him a more fitting name without using the fan name, "smugleaf".

Whimsicott

Thanks to the wii, I've grown quite attached to whimsical names.

I'm sure there's more, but I'm not gonna go through the entire pokÚdex looking for 'em.

Conk + Elder

I agree with the other two, except saying that Smugleaf would actually have been worse than Serperior.
---
For those of you starting topics about the PS4, there's a PS4 board:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4
#37-Keldeo-Posted 5/10/2013 12:03:27 PM
My name, duh. Can't get better than Keldeo, can you?
---
So cute, yet so badass...
#38KitschgardenerPosted 5/10/2013 12:20:50 PM(edited)
Anything with about 3+ references in the name, like Milotic (Venus de Milo + melodic + exotic?), Escavalier (escargot + cavalier + Excalibur?), Giratina (girasol + platina + girare?), etc. While Ho-Oh sounds kind of funny to an English speaker, it's kinda disappointing when you consider it's basically just "Phoenix" to a Japanese speaker.
#39Alakazam_fanPosted 5/10/2013 12:25:37 PM
Alakazam
---
He asked if it was possible for a male human to have a sex with a female horse. He even drew a diagram; I think a stepladder was involved.
#40Earth_EchidnaPosted 5/10/2013 12:31:46 PM
For me, they'd be:

Itomaru -Spinarak's Japanese name. I prefer it to Spin's actual name.
Yanmega -Just sounds so cool.
Scolipede -There was a reason it was part of my Serebii Forums username for a while.
Cryogonal -Seriously, how do I say or even spell it? That's the reason I love it so much.
Litwick -It reminds me of the name of a book character...
Archeos- Archeops' Japanese name. Though there is little variation, I find that Archeos sounds more ancient that Archeops. The latter sounds like the name of a Cyclops PokÚmon.
---
Pokemon SoulSilver FC: 1335 1407 6427
When Life gives you lemons, throw them back and demand cookies instead! -Official Sandslash of the PMD3 boards