This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I kinda hope Froakie becomes water and electric...

#1Finale_WandererPosted 5/9/2013 6:15:10 PM
It seems like a very offensive typing to me I've always like those types but I often choose the water starter and an electric/grass type prior to being able to catch one. I wonder if Froakie will be a water/electric type based on its cloud-like cloak.
---
Currently playing: Chrono Trigger (DS), Super Mario RPG (VC), Final Fantasy Tactics: WotL (PSP)
#2koopabros64Posted 5/9/2013 6:20:15 PM
Perhaps he'd be surrounded by a type of storm cloud. I kinda like that idea.
---
The Platypus, the reason games like spore exist.
#3b_nolanPosted 5/9/2013 6:29:25 PM(edited)
At this point I think I would like to have any combination of Water/other type for the water starter, well maybe not water/flying. Blastoise, Feraligatr and Samurott left a lot to be desired.
---
http://cdn.superbwallpapers.com/wallpapers/anime/chandelure-pokemon-16082-400x250.jpg
#4ThatKippPosted 5/9/2013 6:29:15 PM
I didn't like the cloud thing on Froakie, but if he ends up putting it to good use (i.e. attacking with it), then it'll be worth it.
---
Medicham/Victreebel
3DS FC: 3609-1237-6725
#5Finale_Wanderer(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2013 6:34:48 PM(edited)
Same here.... water's such a boring type on its own. And a flying frog just seems ridiculous... why not something else that's more likely a flying type?
---
Currently playing: Chrono Trigger (DS), Super Mario RPG (VC), Final Fantasy Tactics: WotL (PSP)
#6mada7Posted 5/9/2013 6:43:05 PM
b_nolan posted...
At this point I think I would like to have any combination of Water/other type for the water starter, well maybe not water/flying. Blastoise, Feraligatr and Samurott left a lot to be desired.

There was nothing fundamentally bad about blastoise and samurott in their respective generations just nothing terribly exciting either. Empoleon didn't work at all great special stats but only special water move worth using it had to learn from an HM also had no real use of the steel type other than to make it neutral to fire pokemon.
---
Wall-Mart the place you go when you just got to meat a true moron -Lord of Phendrana
Pokemon Black FC = 3396 8733 5419
#7frozenphantomPosted 5/9/2013 6:58:33 PM
mada7 posted...
b_nolan posted...

There was nothing fundamentally bad about blastoise and samurott in their respective generations just nothing terribly exciting either. Empoleon didn't work at all great special stats but only special water move worth using it had to learn from an HM also had no real use of the steel type other than to make it neutral to fire pokemon.

And, ya know, gain a bunch of great resistances.
---
SSBB friend code: 1633 3855 4864
#8stranksyPosted 5/9/2013 8:33:27 PM
I sort of think Froakie is going to become a water/fighting type, and grow his moustache to ridiculous stereotypical kung-fu master length.
---
When life's really getting you down, take solace in the fact that you're going to die.