This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Yveltal could be Fighting/Flying

#1Renjiro7Posted 5/9/2013 7:58:55 PM
I haven't really heard this speculation. At first, it's easy to think it's Dark or Fire because it's Black/Red, but beyond its colors...

-the diamonds on its back remind me of a samurai sword's handle
-its wings and tail look like hands that can curl up and form fists
-name could be from Gilbert Yvel, a mixed martial arts fighter

...that also makes me think Xerneas is Psychic which is fitting for a Deer God looking pokemon and balances the two since Yveltal would have the advantage over Ground (x axis).

There's also a theory for this gen's theme that the legendaries represent war and peace, with Yveltal being the more aggressive one and Xerneas that seems calm. -bit.ly/YJ7pGx
#2shagohad3Posted 5/9/2013 8:10:37 PM
Yveltal sounds like it's based on Quetzalcoatl, the aztec serpent god.
---
PSN: shagohad12
I got a bucket full of my head, and i'm about to make it rain!
#3MagikarpRulesPosted 5/9/2013 8:15:01 PM
While your arguments are not that convincing to me, TC, Yveltal could be pretty much anything, regardless of color scheme, or even design.
#4Strain42Posted 5/9/2013 8:45:59 PM
Flying is really the only thing we can safely assume about him, and even that could end up being wrong.
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/ (Currently Updating: Persona 4TW Add-On M-F)
#5Renjiro7(Topic Creator)Posted 5/10/2013 10:03:05 AM
MagikarpRules posted...
While your arguments are not that convincing to me, TC, Yveltal could be pretty much anything, regardless of color scheme, or even design.

I don't really find them all that convincing either. And while it could be anything, there are some types it's more likely to be than others based on its design. I'm just saying Fighting/Flying is one of the more likely ones along with other popular guesses like Dark, Fire and Dragon, though I don't see this brought up as much.
#6Renjiro7(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2013 12:56:09 AM
The biology/genetics theme theory also supports Yveltal being Fighting, representing muscles and blood, being red and having veins-looking design, while Xerneas represents the neurons, in which case he could still be Psychic since that has to do with the brain...or Electric (nerve cells, impulse) with its glowing antlers.
#7SpacePirateKhanPosted 5/11/2013 1:04:15 AM
Renjiro7 posted...
The biology/genetics theme theory also supports Yveltal being Fighting, representing muscles and blood, being red and having veins-looking design, while Xerneas represents the neurons, in which case he could still be Psychic since that has to do with the brain...or Electric (nerve cells, impulse) with its glowing antlers.

Sucks for Yveltal if he's Fighting/Flying and his rival Legendary is Psychic/Electric... XD
---
"The best things in life must be taken... by force!"
~Captain Khan
#8RingsOfUranusPosted 5/11/2013 1:07:30 AM
Who knows, if you would have told me Zekrom was electric I would have looked at you odd.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC: 1636-3783-8366
Ipsylos: Psyduck easily is the best representation of Christianity on Pokemon period.
#9Nightstar1994Posted 5/11/2013 1:35:27 AM
SpacePirateKhan posted...
Renjiro7 posted...

Sucks for Yveltal if he's Fighting/Flying and his rival Legendary is Psychic/Electric... XD

Honestly, i believe that Xerneas will be part Ground. Or Fairy/Ground maybe dont kill me
#10crunchy612Posted 5/11/2013 1:35:49 AM
Dragon/Dragon
---
Ragnarok: Tetra Vortex Warlock :3
"My scouter broke. The awkward level is off the charts." - nickcool1996, accurately describing Miyako Hotsuin.