This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are Pokemon our slaves?

#1emmjayy2332Posted 5/9/2013 9:54:50 PM
We put them in little balls, force them to fight, and they get nothing in return
---
You said you were about to make a fortune in silver?!
Ron Silver!
#2TheOnlyPBandJPosted 5/9/2013 9:57:55 PM
They are not our slaves. They are our friends that we couldn't live without.
---
---
"We devour sandwiches." -Distant_Rainbow
#3scrappybristolPosted 5/9/2013 9:59:40 PM
They get stronger. A home. Friendship/companionship/love.
---
I'm a jukebox hero.
#4TIGERJACKS0N-Posted 5/9/2013 10:00:38 PM
No. Same thing with real life, animals under human companionship (most of the time) have better lives. They have better benefits...free food, health care, affection, home, hell even a mate.. people like to say zoo animals" belong in the wild where they're happy", i assure you wild animals are NOT happy.. it's not a rainbow & lollipops world out there in the wild. Especially for animals on the bottom of the food chain. Wild animals get killed by each other, for competition (greatest example is how Lions of Africa kill hyenas and other big cats on sight), eatin, and small injuries like gashes can be fatal due to affection, it's not like they can go to the hospital and fix it up.
---
Everyday the sun comes up around her, she can make the birds, sing harmony!
http://i.imgur.com/VBsWOu2.png <3 Ain't no woman like the one i got..
#5TIGERJACKS0N-Posted 5/9/2013 10:01:29 PM
I mean due to infection... >_<
---
Everyday the sun comes up around her, she can make the birds, sing harmony!
http://i.imgur.com/VBsWOu2.png <3 Ain't no woman like the one i got..
#6RingsOfUranusPosted 5/9/2013 10:07:37 PM
It's a symbiotic relationship. Tiger gave a good example.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC: 1636-3783-8366
Ipsylos: Psyduck easily is the best representation of Christianity on Pokemon period.
#7Rose_MagePosted 5/9/2013 10:17:19 PM
Hi N.
---
R ~ Official Beth of the SMTIV board, Official Caitlin of the PX board, Official Cherche of the FEA board, The_Sol_Blader's loving wife
http://fav.me/d5g7w6l
#8KeeperOfShadowsPosted 5/9/2013 10:54:50 PM(edited)
We enter their habitats, beat the **** out of them, then trap them in little orbs that brainwash them into being obedient pets/soldiers.

I'd say yeah...
---
A voice of reason, in a chaotic realm.
You're too angry... calm down... and let the madness take hold. - Arne83
#9wind64aPosted 5/9/2013 11:01:55 PM
There's an NPC in Opelucid City in BW1 that overtly tells us Pokemon can leave whenever they want. Apparently they just like humans. In RBY we're told that the primary reason why wild Pokemon attack humans is because they're jealous of the Pokemon being trained.
---
Badge Case [Time Badge]
StrifeHart is my OTP. services performed at BSC: 2 Riley's Boyfriend on the Pokemon BW2 & X boards. W2 FC: 3783 7001 3142
#10person_pitchPosted 5/9/2013 11:20:27 PM
Holy Crap...Poke'mon is a metaphor for our relationship with the state.