This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

inb4 the news gets leaked and people get mad at Smash for revealing stuff

#11CM_Ponch(Topic Creator)Posted 5/10/2013 1:37:34 AM
CM_Ponch posted...
It's not going to be a leak by the 19th though.

What?

By the 15th Corocoro will be released for everyone to see. It's pretty fair to complain about a special announcement that's just going to have stuff the public can freely see and know about.

And how do you know Corocoro will be announcing the same thing?
---
http://i.minus.com/ibaA0poozfqtmX.gif
http://i.imgur.com/0Ccy1.png
#12BountyanPosted 5/10/2013 1:38:46 AM(edited)
SlimeStack posted...

The only reason that happened (ignoring the leak) is because the 15th of April was a Monday. Smash is still just for kids and they're not meant to be the ones to get the news first in general.

They're saying it's "surprising new info" just like last time. It's fair to complain it isn't new info regardless. Besides, if they could have always tried to do it on the 12th instead of the 19th if they didn't want Corocoro to show it first.

CM_Ponch posted...

And how do you know Corocoro will be announcing the same thing?

...I don't? That's not the point I was trying to make.
---
3DS FC: -
White 2 FC: 1765 0547 5604, Name: Kojo
#13SlimeStackPosted 5/10/2013 1:40:57 AM
Bountyan posted...
SlimeStack posted...

The only reason that happened (ignoring the leak) is because the 15th of April was a Monday. Smash is still just for kids and they're not meant to be the ones to get the news first in general.

They're saying it's "surprising new info" just like last time. It's fair to complain it isn't new info regardless. Besides, if they could have always tried to do it on the 12th instead of the 19th if they didn't want Corocoro to show it first.

It's surprising and new to kids who don't follow media. I'm pretty sure we aren't in the target audience for a Japanese kids' show.
---
Moo
#14BountyanPosted 5/10/2013 1:42:54 AM
SlimeStack posted...
Bountyan posted...
SlimeStack posted...

It's surprising and new to kids who don't follow media. I'm pretty sure we aren't in the target audience for a Japanese kids' show.

You say that, yet they're advertising it as "surprising and new" on a media website.
---
#15SlimeStackPosted 5/10/2013 1:46:15 AM
Bountyan posted...
You say that, yet they're advertising it as "surprising and new" on a media website.

What do you expect them to say? Tell people not to bother with the show?

And if there are kids who have found this information online, it's not like kids go looking for scans on 2ch.
---
Moo
#16CM_Ponch(Topic Creator)Posted 5/10/2013 1:47:51 AM

which would give support to them being different pieces of info

...I don't? That's not the point I was trying to make.

>"It won't be leaked because we'll know about the info from Corocoro"
>"I wasn't saying it would be the same info"

Come on man.
---
http://i.minus.com/ibaA0poozfqtmX.gif
http://i.imgur.com/0Ccy1.png
#17BountyanPosted 5/10/2013 1:51:32 AM(edited)
SlimeStack posted...
Bountyan posted...

What do you expect them to say? Tell people not to bother with the show?

And if there are kids who have found this information online, it's not like kids go looking for scans on 2ch.

They could just say nothing if their audience is aimed at kids who only follow the show and not online media. Why advertise it so much if it's not going to be actually new? It's misleading, regardless of whether or not it's aimed at kids. There are probably plenty of kids who pick up Corocoro at the store anyway.

CM_Ponch posted...

>"It won't be leaked because we'll know about the info from Corocoro"
>"I wasn't saying it would be the same info"

Come on man.

Do you even understand what I'm saying? What I'm saying is:

Corocoro is coming out officially on the 15th, and will have info about Pokemon. That isn't a leak, that's official info coming out at an official time. IF Smash just has stuff from Corocoro, then they would just be repeating stuff people would already know and it isn't new. Thus it's fair if people complain, if that is the case.

---
#18SlimeStackPosted 5/10/2013 1:51:08 AM
Bountyan posted...
They could just say nothing if their audience is aimed at kids who only follow the show and not online media. Why advertise it so much if it's not going to be actually new? It's misleading, regardless of whether or not it's aimed at kids. There are probably plenty of kids who pick up Corocoro at the store anyway.

They've gotta say something and they aren't going to call it old news.

Besides, if you already know that Japan does this all the time, and knowing that we'll probably get the info several days before Smash, there's little to complain about.
---
Moo
#19BountyanPosted 5/10/2013 1:54:28 AM(edited)
SlimeStack posted...
Bountyan posted...

They've gotta say something and they aren't going to call it old news.

Besides, if you already know that Japan does this all the time, and knowing that we'll probably get the info several days before Smash, there's little to complain about.

But they don't have to say it's "surprising and new!" either.

And there's a lot to complain about if they say it's new info but it's not new info. IIRC they didn't advertise Sylveon as "brand new info," when their show was later than Corocoro.
---
#20SlimeStackPosted 5/10/2013 1:57:40 AM
Bountyan posted...
But they don't have to say it's "surprising and new!" either.

And there's a lot to complain about if they say it's new info but it's not new info. IIRC they didn't advertise Sylveon as "brand new info," when their show was later than Corocoro.

You'll have all the info you want by Wednesday, so let the Japanese kids show do what they want with their audience that we're not a part of.
---
Moo