This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What would your ideal Pokemon game be?

#1SlyHobbesPosted 5/9/2013 11:04:53 PM
Like I mean, if they made your ideal Pokemon game, what would it be like? Angle, graphics, the lot.

Mine would be a new Pokemon game where the graphics looked realistic. Just the same sort of style as most shooters, Uncharted etc. Second, a more interactive map like, say, in Lara Croft would be nice. A more normal camera angle. Up until now, it's been a bird's eye view, and even now it looks kind of off. Normal 3rd person would be nice. Voicing acting. Deeper story lines. Right now, every game it's pretty much the same story. "Oh look, either your parents or some professor has just given you a Pokemon, and now you're going to travel the world." Then "Oh my god, this group of people are trying to take over the world by awakening some terrible Pokemon that you'll end up taming by the end of the game." Same old same old. More realistic Pokemon. Right now, they're just bland, flat colour. Wouldn't it be nice if some of them had scales, feathers etc with more texture?
---
PSN: SlyHobbes. Let's blow stuff up!
#2LightningAce11Posted 5/9/2013 11:06:28 PM
Pokemon isn't meant to be realistic.
---
"Nostalgia makes the heart feeble. It is the heart's nemesis." - Trema
#3SlyHobbes(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2013 11:07:48 PM
LightningAce11 posted...

This isn't meant to be your opinion on my ideals for a Pokemon game. It was more of an example.
---
PSN: SlyHobbes. Let's blow stuff up!
#4CM_PonchPosted 5/9/2013 11:09:26 PM
Black 2
---
http://i.minus.com/ibaA0poozfqtmX.gif
http://i.imgur.com/0Ccy1.png
#5KillerMechanoidPosted 5/9/2013 11:09:49 PM
An ideal pokemon game would have the starter birds and mammals only found on the first few routes, then never appear again on later routes.

Seriously, facing Ratatta/Bidoof/Zigzagoon on every land route kinda gets tedious after a while.
#6dwdwdw6Posted 5/10/2013 12:30:32 AM
A hybrid of Platinum+Heart Gold+Black 2.
#7KementarriPosted 5/10/2013 5:34:27 AM
Pokemon MMO ;)
---
http://imgur.com/FHclCEA
/lick
#8sonicfanaticjtbPosted 5/10/2013 5:40:10 AM
SlyHobbes posted...
Like I mean, if they made your ideal Pokemon game, what would it be like? Angle, graphics, the lot.

Mine would be a new Pokemon game where the graphics looked realistic. Just the same sort of style as most shooters, Uncharted etc. Second, a more interactive map like, say, in Lara Croft would be nice. A more normal camera angle. Up until now, it's been a bird's eye view, and even now it looks kind of off. Normal 3rd person would be nice. Voicing acting. Deeper story lines. Right now, every game it's pretty much the same story. "Oh look, either your parents or some professor has just given you a Pokemon, and now you're going to travel the world." Then "Oh my god, this group of people are trying to take over the world by awakening some terrible Pokemon that you'll end up taming by the end of the game." Same old same old. More realistic Pokemon. Right now, they're just bland, flat colour. Wouldn't it be nice if some of them had scales, feathers etc with more texture?

No.

Also, Pokémon X/Y will be my ideal pokémon game. Probably. As of right now, The 4th and 5th gens make up my ideal pokémon games. Especially Platinum version and BW2.
---
Krystal and Phoenix Wright for Smash 4!
... Please, Sakurai?
#9Arne83Posted 5/10/2013 5:42:02 AM
SlyHobbes posted...
LightningAce11 posted...

This isn't meant to be your opinion on my ideals for a Pokemon game. It was more of an example.

That wasn't an opinion on your ideals for a Pokemon game. It was just a basic fact about the series. Pokemon isn't meant to be realistic.
---
More of a Pokemon fan than TherianReturns will ever be.
#10M4nnimalPosted 5/10/2013 5:43:09 AM
My ideal Pokemon game is designed by GameFreak, not me.
---
"We thirsted for thunderbolts and great deeds."