This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is an outclassed pokemon necessarily bad?

#1iKhanicPosted 5/10/2013 12:07:38 AM
Is an outclassed pokemon necessarily bad? - Results (104 votes)
Yes
24.04% (25 votes)
No
75.96% (79 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I say no. While all bad pokemon are outclassed, it doesn't work the other way around. If there were a pokemon that was exactly the same as mewtwo, but had 5 less base Sp. Atk, it would be stupid to say it's bad. It could function in Ubers just as well as mewtwo could, there just wouldn't be a point to using it.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#2LightningAce11Posted 5/10/2013 12:12:25 AM
It's not bad per say, but there are better pokemon.
---
"Nostalgia makes the heart feeble. It is the heart's nemesis." - Trema
#3Rose_MagePosted 5/10/2013 12:31:42 AM
Obviously not.
---
R ~ Official Beth of the SMTIV board, Official Caitlin of the PX board, Official Cherche of the FEA board, The_Sol_Blader's loving wife
http://fav.me/d5g7w6l
#4Archwing3441Posted 5/10/2013 12:37:11 AM
It really depends on what you're defining as bad. Normally, if one pokemon is always outclassed by another pokemon, for the specific role, you are using a pokemon that is bad because it is worse than the other pokemon. It's like if everyone gets A's in school, than a B is considered bad (which is the concept of grade inflation). Pretty much, something is only bad because something else does it better. In the case that a pokemon is completely outclassed, than yes, it is bad.
---
Nintendo? PlayStation? no...
http://mangafox.me/manga/mel_kano/v03/c016/27.html
#5LexifoxPosted 5/10/2013 12:38:43 AM
Not bad, just outclassed.

You are really dedicated to Charizard.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#6DoctorJimmy133Posted 5/10/2013 12:42:33 AM
Salamence is outclassed. By Rayquaza.
---
Why do I have to move with the crowd of kids that hardly notice I'm around? I work myself to death just to fit in.
#7iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 5/10/2013 12:46:50 AM
Lexifox posted...
Not bad, just outclassed.

You are really dedicated to Charizard.

huh?
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#8iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 5/10/2013 2:50:02 AM
Archwing3441 posted...
It really depends on what you're defining as bad. Normally, if one pokemon is always outclassed by another pokemon, for the specific role, you are using a pokemon that is bad because it is worse than the other pokemon. It's like if everyone gets A's in school, than a B is considered bad (which is the concept of grade inflation). Pretty much, something is only bad because something else does it better. In the case that a pokemon is completely outclassed, than yes, it is bad.

There's a reason this is a poll. It's based on your definition of bad.
---
#9trinityEDGEPosted 5/10/2013 3:05:06 AM
iKhanic posted...
I say no. While all bad pokemon are outclassed, it doesn't work the other way around. If there were a pokemon that was exactly the same as mewtwo, but had 5 less base Sp. Atk, it would be stupid to say it's bad. It could function in Ubers just as well as mewtwo could, there just wouldn't be a point to using it.

Technically, even if there was a Pokemon that had 5 less base Sp. Atk, it wouldn't function as well as Mewtwo. Mew2 gets all the important coverage moves, a decent boosting move, a nice supportive movepool, and its signature Psystrike is just amazing--that new Pokemon won't get Psystrike, so it's a biiiiig difference.

But anyway, of course an outclassed Pokemon isn't bad. That's just stupid. Deoxys Speed outclasses Deoxys Defense, but it didn't stop DeoD from getting banned from OU. Why would you rather use any other spinblocker aside from Arceus Ghost or Giratina? Jellicent and Gengar are still powerful Pokemon.
#10Xavier_On_HighPosted 5/10/2013 5:11:05 AM
Yes, compared to the Pokemon that outclasses it.
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ltnafhjcUz1qmxswbo1_500.gif