This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is an outclassed pokemon necessarily bad?

#11pokemonfreak97Posted 5/10/2013 5:38:00 AM
An outclassed Pokémon can be good and useful--see Politoed. Everything it does is done better by Kyogre, but because of the tier system, Politoed is still useful and used a lot. To answer the unasked question, Charizard is a monster in NU; just because there are better mixed-attacking Fire-types doesn't mean that he's not the best one in NU. Tiers are what make outclassed Pokémon good; nobody would use Charizard or Politoed if there were no tiers/banned Pokémon, they'd use Ho-Oh and Kyogre respectively.
---
For those of you starting topics about the PS4, there's a PS4 board:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4
#12kaonohiokalaPosted 5/10/2013 5:41:55 AM
Is Pokemon X (subjective term) if it's (subjective term)?

btw guys i'm not providing a context either, here's a poll.
---
"I am champion of Bellator. I am face of Bellator now. Who want with belt? Come on with cage. I am beat you. -Alexander Shlemenko
#13CakeOfLiesPosted 5/10/2013 6:06:06 AM
Not really...
It entirely depends on the Pokemon.

A bad Pokemon is outclassed by those above it. HOWEVER, an outclassed Pokemon isn't necessarily bad.

Bad = Outclassed, but Outclassed =/= Bad
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
#14iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 5/10/2013 6:27:24 AM
pokemonfreak97 posted...
An outclassed Pokémon can be good and useful--see Politoed. Everything it does is done better by Kyogre, but because of the tier system, Politoed is still useful and used a lot. To answer the unasked question, Charizard is a monster in NU; just because there are better mixed-attacking Fire-types doesn't mean that he's not the best one in NU. Tiers are what make outclassed Pokémon good; nobody would use Charizard or Politoed if there were no tiers/banned Pokémon, they'd use Ho-Oh and Kyogre respectively.

That's not the unasked question. I already made a topic about Charizard regarding this months ago. This is a much more general topic
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#15Thepenguinking2Posted 5/10/2013 7:12:11 AM
Nope.
---
http://pokebot.everyboty.net/pix/217.jpg best picture to ever face the interwebs.
The Official Shiny Zangoose of the X/y Board!