This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Nuzlocke challenge on your first playthrough?

#11kaonohiokalaPosted 5/10/2013 5:45:28 AM
Nicknaming is one of the most important Nuzlocke rules.

NOT OPTIONAL BRUH
---
"I am champion of Bellator. I am face of Bellator now. Who want with belt? Come on with cage. I am beat you. -Alexander Shlemenko
#12KementarriPosted 5/10/2013 5:53:09 AM
I would do this only i would change the 2nd rule to be. "You can only attempt to capture 1 pokemon per area, if you fail, no second chances." I wouldn't limit it to the first pokemon you encounter.
---
http://imgur.com/FHclCEA
/lick
#13Brandon042487Posted 5/10/2013 5:54:38 AM
pokemonfreak97 posted...
Brandon042487 posted...
The nicknaming rules is actually optional but I still do it.

I plan on doing a blind Wedlocke

That takes guts to do when you have NO IDEA what's coming. You can't plan anything beyond picking Froakie to make sure you'll get a Water-type to learn those HMs.

If I could record it I would, even if I fail miserably.
---
<(*-*)>
#14NessEggmanPosted 5/10/2013 5:56:20 AM
Kementarri posted...
I would do this only i would change the 2nd rule to be. "You can only attempt to capture 1 pokemon per area, if you fail, no second chances." I wouldn't limit it to the first pokemon you encounter.

That eliminates a LOT of challenge...
---
"Earth is a silly place. Half the world has no clean water. And the other half has so much, they poo in it."
#15SammuthegreatPosted 5/10/2013 5:57:17 AM
Kementarri posted...

I know you know this already, but this simply wouldn't be a Nuzlocke. It wouldn't be any different to any other run if you could just pick and choose the Pokémon you wanted. You'd be surprised at how much variety you can end up with even under strict Nuzlocke rules.

The beauty of Nuzlocking is that you're forced to use Pokémon you wouldn't ordinarily, and you discover some real hidden gems. I used to hate Tentacool/cruel, but now I absolutely love them thanks to Gem, one of the heroines of my first ever Sapphire Nuzlocke.

Blindlockes are the natural extension of Nuzlockes.
#16Defender31415Posted 5/10/2013 7:58:13 AM
mada7 posted...
I wouldn't want to do it on my first playthrough of a game just because then you don't get to experience designing your own balanced team and build them up from scratch and can't catch a pokemon that seems really cool but isn't the first pokemon of the route. Second playthrough onwards Id be all for it but for the first Id want to do it normally

Totally agree. Especially if GF includes MULTIPLE SAVE FILES *sigh*
---
--- LG Nuzlocke Team: Percy (Blastoise), Sora (Pidgeot), Xena (Primeape), Eremos (Sandslash), La-Z-Boy (Snorlax), Caitlin (Kadabra)
#17B4TT3RY(Topic Creator)Posted 5/10/2013 11:09:26 AM
I've kind of decided what I'll do.

I've never payer B/W or B/W2 so I went ahead and purchased B/W2 and I'll Nuzlocke that and see how I feel after that is done with.
---
Thank you for posting. Here at the Forum we greatly value your input!- TheHarmfulOne