This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would you care if they got rid of IV's?

#1russi4nroulettePosted 5/10/2013 1:40:25 AM
Do you care about IV's? - Results (87 votes)
Yes
35.63% (31 votes)
No
64.37% (56 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I've spend tons of hours breeding. I actually enjoy it. But it feels like a waste of time when most people use pokemon with perfect IVs. What's the point anyway? To reinforce individuality amongst Poke (i.e. some are better than others)?

I like EV's, and I think IV's are neat too. But I believe if they got rid of IVs, it would level the playing field for legit competitive players and hacker competitive players.
#2BountyanPosted 5/10/2013 1:41:06 AM
Yes I would care, in that I would absolutely love it and it should 100% happen.
---
3DS FC: -
White 2 FC: 1765 0547 5604, Name: Kojo
#3SlimeStackPosted 5/10/2013 1:42:05 AM
Yes, I would. I hate them. EVs are done perfectly (apart from being mostly invisible). IVs should be just as fun as EVs honestly.
---
Moo
#4RethalwolfPosted 5/10/2013 1:42:48 AM
I think it'd be for the best to get rid of them. People would be less angry at other people all the time.
---
"The point of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the enemy die for his."
#5KitschgardenerPosted 5/10/2013 1:43:13 AM
Depends on what they replace it with. It should take account of Hidden Power (with or without Technician), Endure-Reversal, Trick Room speed, optimum Substitute HP stats, etc. I'm Eeyore enough to suppose that it's hard to replace.
#6SlimeStackPosted 5/10/2013 1:55:28 AM
Kitschgardener posted...
Depends on what they replace it with. It should take account of Hidden Power (with or without Technician), Endure-Reversal, Trick Room speed, optimum Substitute HP stats, etc. I'm Eeyore enough to suppose that it's hard to replace.

It's not like they have to get rid of the 31 point system. They just have to make it so that it's not based completely on luck.

Like what if they allowed you to leave toys in the daycare center? Each toy would have the same effect as a breeding hold item except you could use more than two. Then maybe you could control 2 IVs and their nature at the same time, alleviating the randomness issue tons?

Just an example of how IVs could stay as they are but have the means of obtaining the desired ones improved.
---
Moo
#7russi4nroulette(Topic Creator)Posted 5/10/2013 2:06:13 AM
SlimeStack posted...
Kitschgardener posted...

It's not like they have to get rid of the 31 point system. They just have to make it so that it's not based completely on luck.

Like what if they allowed you to leave toys in the daycare center? Each toy would have the same effect as a breeding hold item except you could use more than two. Then maybe you could control 2 IVs and their nature at the same time, alleviating the randomness issue tons?

Just an example of how IVs could stay as they are but have the means of obtaining the desired ones improved.

That is pretty brilliant. If something like that could be thought up in mere minutes, then I have high hopes they could fix the issue. I mean, it would nearly render hacking obsolete... or atleast level the playing field.
#8Whats_Up4444Posted 5/10/2013 2:15:00 AM
Keep IVs for hidden stats. (For Hidden Power, ect) but have them
Not affect the strength of a stat.
---
Oh no! My gumballs! :o
http://tital.bigforumpro.com/ Join the Haven of all Kingdom Hearts Roleplays!
#9KitschgardenerPosted 5/10/2013 3:15:02 AM
SlimeStack posted...
Kitschgardener posted...

That is pretty brilliant. If something like that could be thought up in mere minutes, then I have high hopes they could fix the issue. I mean, it would nearly render hacking obsolete... or atleast level the playing field.

OP posited getting rid of IVs. I know IVs can be reformed (and can ensure max/min stats suited to each Pokémon) - that's why I said I'm pessimistic about replacing IVs with something that isn't IVs. Allowing for more control over IVs =/= getting rid of them.
#10TheWayofPiePosted 5/10/2013 6:22:04 AM
Get rid of them. Also change EVs to getting them on level up until level 50 or 60.
---
Ridley: *Adjusts monocole* Why, I've become civilized, my dear Samantha! Anyway, come, sit, have some tea. -Master_Warlord7 Same Time Posts: 8