This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Completing the Pokedex every game is now tedious

#1Grand_BluePosted 5/10/2013 9:44:51 AM
Since gen 2 to gen 3 had a cutoff, that's where this discussion will start. So in gen 3 if you completed the Pokedex then good job, you are awesome! There was no way to transfer your Pokedex data over to gen 4 so you had to complete the Pokedex again on all gen 4 games again if you wanted to. An easier way would be to transfer your gen 3 Pokemon over but that still took lots of time, especially with the 24 hour limit in DP. The same situation occurred from gen 4 to gen 5.

So what about gen 5 to gen 6, will it be the same tedious process? I hope not, I want there to be some sort of 3DS app that lets you transfer Pokedex data from BW to XY, because what's the point of completing the Pokedex for the 20th time? It's the same tedious process that doesn't change between games.
---
The Boondocks on Adult Swim is my favorite anime.
#2sonicfanaticjtbPosted 5/10/2013 9:50:59 AM
Completing the pokÚdex was boring and annoying in gen 1 <_<. At least now we have wifi and whatnot for those that actually enjoy completing it...
---
Krystal and Phoenix Wright for Smash 4!
... Please, Sakurai?
#3mnkboy907Posted 5/10/2013 9:56:57 AM
It's gotten to the point where I just try to do it once every generation. I probably won't do it in XY, but I'll give it a shot for the third version/sequel.
---
http://i.imgur.com/z7h3ZVX.jpg
"First time I got punched in the face, I was like "oh no", then I was like "this is a story"."
#4NewMoonShadowPosted 5/10/2013 9:58:12 AM
transferring Pokemon from Ruby to Pearl was a pain in the ass, no doubt, and made stupidly long/difficult by their artificial time restrictions that served no purpose. However the Pearl/White conversion was significantly less painful, though that pointless minigame was still annoying. I dunno, maybe they HAVE to make you re-catch the Pokemon instead of porting them over because of differences in the way the Pokemon are constructed from gen to gen, but there's still gotta be a way to port them straight without all the bulls***...
#5legendxofxskyPosted 5/10/2013 9:58:56 AM
Grand_Blue posted...
Since gen 2 to gen 3 had a cutoff, that's where this discussion will start. So in gen 3 if you completed the Pokedex then good job, you are awesome! There was no way to transfer your Pokedex data over to gen 4 so you had to complete the Pokedex again on all gen 4 games again if you wanted to. An easier way would be to transfer your gen 3 Pokemon over but that still took lots of time, especially with the 24 hour limit in DP. The same situation occurred from gen 4 to gen 5.

So what about gen 5 to gen 6, will it be the same tedious process? I hope not, I want there to be some sort of 3DS app that lets you transfer Pokedex data from BW to XY, because what's the point of completing the Pokedex for the 20th time? It's the same tedious process that doesn't change between games.

To be honest with you, i don't really care so much as to filling up the pokedex. Atm i have about 613/649 filled in the dex, with 512 pokemon caught (through continous xfering of games.) it would be nice, but considering the fact that it may happen is zero to none. Maybe it'll get re issued in remakes (supposedly Ruby and Sapphire, but don't quote me on this) but i don't see it in this future. Although, this generation, i won't care so much as to fill the pokedex, bu i am more after the new pokemon, along with new legendaries, and "new" questline.

But what interests me the most, is the possible charater customization and possible different "new" items, like the roller blades.

This generation is really going to interest me due to three huge reasons.

1) universal release. (Probably bes decision they've ever made.)

2) "supposedly" based on europe. (Onlyguessing cause of video, and speculation.)

3) supposedly reformating battling and training and etc. this is by far the thing that will make or break this game.

Although i do agree it would be good to have a pokedex transfer, i highly doubt it will happen just because it is not a priority. That probably think what isn't broken, doesn't need to be "fix'd."
#6Moogle_trainerPosted 5/10/2013 10:03:28 AM
Yeah this was a concern for me in Gen 4 and 5. But in BW2 I just decided to actually have every single pokemon (except Manaphy). So as long as I can transfer pokemon I'll be able to fill up my pokedex. I have 649 pokemon waiting patiently
#7TranquilSeaPosted 5/10/2013 10:06:10 AM
I want there to be some sort of 3DS app that lets you transfer Pokedex data from BW to XY

I would love this.
---
Baby Steps