This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone thinking about avoiding spoilers and playing this game blind?

#31Thunder_Armor(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2013 4:12:05 AM
HomeRowed posted...
Okay, here's the thing... These games are being released at roughly the same time worldwide. That's what a worldwide release means. So, it's really going to be kind of difficult to find a whole lot of spoilers, considering that.

So am I going to be avoiding spoilers and playing the game blind? Yeah. Because I kind of don't have any other choice.

I don't really see why you're acting like a smartass. The entire pokedex was leaked before B/W were released in Japan. It's not a stretch to say major components of this game will be leaked and plastered all over Gamefaqs this time around as well.
---
Official Something of Somewhere
http://i.imgur.com/tEtd4ZA.gif
#32ClassyOldHatPosted 5/11/2013 5:03:48 AM
HomeRowed posted...
Okay, here's the thing... These games are being released at roughly the same time worldwide. That's what a worldwide release means. So, it's really going to be kind of difficult to find a whole lot of spoilers, considering that.

So am I going to be avoiding spoilers and playing the game blind? Yeah. Because I kind of don't have any other choice.

This.

I'm not one to care much about spoilers. I usually grab all the info I can. I find it doesn't really ruin that sense of discovery when playing as much as you would think. Especially when it comes to deciding which version I get. What if, like in B2/W2, one version gets a pass power (for example) that doubles experience, while the other gets one that just raises your encounter rate? I would not want to get the short end of the stick there.
#33TeremeiPosted 5/11/2013 5:29:37 AM
There is a temptation to just play complely blind and be in awe as you see each brand new pokemon.

But I need to know base stats of pokemon so I know which ones to go after. I like to plan that way and I don't think I can ever change. Which is fine with me too. I also need to see what the starter's final evolution looks like so I know which one to avoid.
---
B2FC: 3268 4276 3305 last $$: Persona 4 Golden LE, Paper Mario Sticker Star, Harvest Moon ANB
Playing:
#34paiprPosted 5/11/2013 5:56:55 AM
I've been trying to follow only the rumors since game was announced. That hasnt worked for me so well. That said when it gets closer ill try to ween myself of major news, and then after release I'm gonna just play it and avoid coverage. Definitely want to avoid the new pokemin list when it comes out.
---
am i the only person that whishes game faqs offered the option to cut peoples comments from you topics?