This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Tattoo enthusiasts: What Pokemon would you get inked on you?

#41Scott1187Posted 5/11/2013 1:14:05 AM
Me and my girlfriend are actually considering getting Growlithe and Vulpix with a pixelated love heart (or maybe Companion Cube) in between them. Growlithe was always one of my favorite pokemon since I was a kid, and hers was always Vulpix. We didn't discover this until long after we had met. Being that Growlithe and Vulpix are the counterparts of each other, it was perfect.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 1679-1616-3854
#42AltmadragonPosted 5/11/2013 1:35:01 AM
A full back portrait of enhanced versions ghastly, hunter an gengar from red/blue(yellow for gengar)

Oh wait I already did that ;), everyone I know thinks its cool, most peopl don't know it's pokemon lmao
---
Ha! Made you read.
#43nro87Posted 5/11/2013 2:02:11 AM
_Odarp posted...
TherianReturns posted...
RainbowSage_63 posted...
TherianReturns posted...
Here's the breakdown. Shame on you if you get a tattoo.

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/6565711104/h9EEDF6F8/

Fine, harm your body for all I care. Go ahead.

Im assuming you have never smoked, drinked alcohol, used any kind of medicine, had anything pierced, neither you are fat, or eat anything other than breastmilk (thats the only food that wont harm your body in any way)

if not STFU.

On topic: I would most likely get a swellow

While I appreciate your response, I feel like it was unnecessary. If we ignore Therian, he will eventually go away. I would like to start a campaign to get the entire Pokémon X board to add Therian to their ignore list, but I'm sure it would get modded.

I have 3 tattoos myself with 4 more planned. Out of the 7 I will have when it's all done, 3 are religious and 4 are memorials. Before anyone says anything about tattoos being against the Bible, I know it says to not scar your body. However, it also says in Galatians 6:17 "From now on let no one cause me trouble, for I bear on my body the marks of Jesus." That's all I will say on that matter.

I love tattoos when they are tasteful, meaningful, and well-done. Impulse tattoos, tattoos that will cause regret, and poor quality tattoos are all terrible in my opinion. Like I said, I love tattoos, but I am under no delusion that everyone else does or will. If this childish troll named Therian decides to come in and insult people who genuinely do not care about his opinion one bit, that's fine. He's just one more person for me to ignore.

Having said all that, I would never get a Pokémon tattoo. Like I said, my tattoos are deep and meaningful to me. The religious ones are a public profession of my faith and a good conversation starter. The memorials are very personal as they will each be a very specific component of my grandparents' lives. 99% of the people I come into contact with will have no idea what they are about, but my family and close friends will, and that's what matters. Pokémon has not affected me that deeply. Sure, it's been an awesome part of my childhood, adolescence, and adulthood. However, so have many other things that I would never get inked on my body. If Pokémon really has impacted you that much, or if you disagree with my views and like tattoos just for the art aspect, then more power to you. Get all the Pokémon ink you want.
---
"Power of mind is infinite, while brawn is limited." Koichi Tohei
Official Chespin of the Pokemon X board.
#44Daemonscharm(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2013 10:05:16 AM
nro87 posted...
I have 3 tattoos myself with 4 more planned. Out of the 7 I will have when it's all done, 3 are religious and 4 are memorials. Before anyone says anything about tattoos being against the Bible, I know it says to not scar your body. However, it also says in Galatians 6:17 "From now on let no one cause me trouble, for I bear on my body the marks of Jesus." That's all I will say on that matter.

I think tattoos are only frowned upon if they honor the dead. I'm pretty religious and I have 7 (getting 8 and 9 in June)

I'm getting a Robin (Batman and Robin) on my forearm and Chandlure or Staryu on my shoulder
---
http://i.imgur.com/oIpTazi.jpg?1
http://i.imgur.com/WvefuGH.jpg?1
#45SetDarkAngelPosted 5/11/2013 10:12:40 AM
Altmadragon posted...
A full back portrait of enhanced versions ghastly, hunter an gengar from red/blue(yellow for gengar)

Oh wait I already did that ;), everyone I know thinks its cool, most peopl don't know it's pokemon lmao

That sounds amazing O_O

A friend of mine is designing me a Gengar tattoo since I love her style, but she's busy with college still and I currently don't have the money for it sadly. I wonder if she even remembers she's designing that lol. I'd like it on my shoulder blade, somewhere I can hide it and show it off when I want to.

Even though I'm not getting it soon I'm already in the process of mentally preparing myself for purple ink >_< I have two tattoos but I've been told purple ink is evil.
---
Pokemon White: Name: Tanaya--Friend Code: 0389-8171-7512 Tell me if you add me! ^_^
XBL GamerTag: GoldenEyeSMM
#46AltmadragonPosted 5/11/2013 10:28:39 AM

That sounds amazing O_O

A friend of mine is designing me a Gengar tattoo since I love her style, but she's busy with college still and I currently don't have the money for it sadly. I wonder if she even remembers she's designing that lol. I'd like it on my shoulder blade, somewhere I can hide it and show it off when I want to.

Even though I'm not getting it soon I'm already in the process of mentally preparing myself for purple ink >_< I have two tattoos but I've been told purple ink is evil.

I personally would avoid doing darker colored tattoos because of the fact to much sun can ruin it if its a color besides black and after a few years it will fade to black an might not look as good, but you can always do touch ups....

As for costs mine cost a bit because of the fact he had to do outlines for 4 separate things meaning multiple sittings, but if you have a artist commited to doing the best job possible it's worth it
---
Ha! Made you read.
#47SetDarkAngelPosted 5/11/2013 10:32:44 AM
Altmadragon posted...

I personally would avoid doing darker colored tattoos because of the fact to much sun can ruin it if its a color besides black and after a few years it will fade to black an might not look as good, but you can always do touch ups....

As for costs mine cost a bit because of the fact he had to do outlines for 4 separate things meaning multiple sittings, but if you have a artist commited to doing the best job possible it's worth it

Good to know, but if I do go for purple if that's how she designs it would sunscreen help? Plus her dad's a tattoo artist, he might've told her that.
---
Pokemon White: Name: Tanaya--Friend Code: 0389-8171-7512 Tell me if you add me! ^_^
XBL GamerTag: GoldenEyeSMM
#48Xavier_On_HighPosted 5/11/2013 10:42:56 AM
I already have a Mew silhouette tattoo. Looking to get a Dragonite.
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ltnafhjcUz1qmxswbo1_500.gif
#49G-ScythePosted 5/11/2013 10:49:22 AM
I'm gonna get a tattoo of Diglett's face on my lower head (if you know what I mean...)
---
Not changing this sig until I get bored of it - started 8/11/2011