This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Playing Gen 5 again after playing Gen 4 again, and...

#1Faust_8Posted 5/10/2013 11:02:02 PM
...damn did I forget how they amped up the encounter rates in this Gen.

Gen I-IV: Usually have to walk for a few seconds in grass to get a wild encounter

Gen V: Take 2 steps WILD ENCOUNTER

The amount of times you take ONE step and get a wild encounter is just ridiculous. I really don't know why they did this, they make you fear every patch of grass as an annoyance.

Of course other times when you're expecting it, you can walk through the whole patch like twice and nothing happens. WHY DO YOU PLAY WITH MY MIND SO??

Did anybody feel like this when you first tried Gen V? I'd forgotten about this until I started playing again a few days ago. (Also, not whining or anything, it's just a huge change I feel. I'm not so into Pokemon that I actively hate any of the Gens.)
---
You are the universe
Expressing itself as a human, for a little while
#2scrappybristolPosted 5/10/2013 11:04:12 PM
Automatic repels <3
---
I'm a jukebox hero.
#3Thepenguinking2Posted 5/10/2013 11:06:26 PM
That was my biggest problem with gen 5 besides the pokemon.
---
http://pokebot.everyboty.net/pix/217.jpg best picture to ever face the interwebs.
The Official Shiny Zangoose of the X/y Board!
#4LightningAce11Posted 5/10/2013 11:06:37 PM
scrappybristol posted...
Automatic repels <3

---
"Nostalgia makes the heart feeble. It is the heart's nemesis." - Trema
#5TherianReturnsPosted 5/10/2013 11:08:03 PM
Gen 5 was great. I'll never understand these nitpicky complaints.
---
I am the only true Pokemon fan. If you can't accept this, take your jealousy away from my presence.
#6Faust_8(Topic Creator)Posted 5/10/2013 11:10:27 PM
Gen V is great. This is just one change that leaves me scratching my head though.

Automatic repels are great however, but 1) isn't that only in BW2? I didn't get either of those...and 2) when you're early in the game like me, you don't want to use repels yet except for caves because you want to catch things and/or grind exp.
---
You are the universe
Expressing itself as a human, for a little while
#7LightningAce11Posted 5/10/2013 11:12:00 PM
TherianReturns posted...

Also this.
---
"Nostalgia makes the heart feeble. It is the heart's nemesis." - Trema
#8Great_ReapettePosted 5/10/2013 11:13:15 PM
TherianReturns posted...

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/661226-pokemon-black-version-2/65044056

Seems like you were h8n on its Pokémon.
---
Anatidaephobia is the fear that somewhere, somehow, a duck is watching you, staring into your soul, using its duckiness.
QUACK.
#9finaleusPosted 5/10/2013 11:20:14 PM
At first i thought I didnt like Gen 5's pokemon, but then I realized that it was just the early stuff I didnt like (ie the monkeys, patrat, lillipup, etc), while all of the stuff from around the third gym on were amazing. Definitely my second favorite gen pokemon-wise.

My only complaints with it are the lack of older pokemon (which was fixed in BW2), and how irritating it is to get the hidden abilities (it took me ages to get a Simple woobat for my Black 2 team via hidden hollow... and don't even get me started on the dream world site)

Oh, and the fact that the mascot pokemon for Black and White 2 looks horrifyingly ugly... but I guess you don't need to combine your Zekrom/Reshiram with Kyurem anyway.
#10kwando1313Posted 5/11/2013 12:09:37 AM
Great_Reapette posted...
TherianReturns posted...

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/661226-pokemon-black-version-2/65044056

Seems like you were h8n on its Pokémon.

lol Therian.
---
Mugiloko posted...
kwando is 100% right