This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Let's discuss why we are fans of the series

#11Alom_o_molaPosted 5/11/2013 1:47:50 AM
competitive battling
---
Here Comes a New Challenger Blogs - http://marvelvscapcom.wikia.com/wiki/User:Golden_fireburst/HCaNC_Archives
Founder of Top Tier Heroes - Recruits: 6
#12LLL_DeadlyPosted 5/11/2013 2:04:44 AM
I'm not a fan of the series, though. I play the games and acknowledge their quality, but I wouldn't consider myself a fan. The only game in the franchise I love is Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2, and that's a spin-off.

Used to do competitive battling a while back, though. The variety of the NU metagame really is astounding. The OU metagame is pretty poor, though.
---
http://tinyurl.com/c2zfglr
#13Fernox213Posted 5/11/2013 2:09:06 AM
Competitive battling
Post-game
Collecting in-game pokemon
---
Official Flint of the pokemon X board.
Official Hell Valley Sky Tree of the super mario wii u board.
#14fleetfoxsPosted 5/11/2013 2:15:44 AM
anyone using the term "epic fail" in 2013 lol

anyhow, mostly the competitive aspect.. it's chess on steroids with a hint of mythology packaged in a bundle of random. it's engaging and holds my interest.
---
Hardcore.
#15sonicfanaticjtbPosted 5/11/2013 3:00:28 AM
Dat battle system
dem soundtracks

It's a light RPG, which is good for me since I'm not a huge RPG fan in the first place, and it's probably the only game series where you can play the games more times than you could ever count and end up with a different experience each time.
---
Krystal and Phoenix Wright for Smash 4!
... Please, Sakurai?
#16fahademonPosted 5/11/2013 3:06:14 AM
Its an RPG.I like RPGs+Childhood.
---
There will come a day when I shoot myself in the head for saying this.-TVirusPredator
Waiting for:Jump Stars Victory Vs,Pokemon X/Y,Digimon Re:Digitize(3DS).
#17MidniteZoruaPosted 5/11/2013 3:15:40 AM
The creatures, the gameplay -- whether storyline, competitive, Nuzlocke, etc., and the fact that it was a huge part of my childhood.
---
"This isn't the Ask Auntie Pandora Hour!" ~ Pandora, Kid Icarus: Uprising
Official Zorua of the Pokemon X / Y boards.
#18ClassyOldHatPosted 5/11/2013 3:19:41 AM
dwdwdw6 posted...
647 magical creatures, amongst some other million things.

Which two aren't magical?

Anyway,in the single player game, my favorite aspect is that sense of discovery as you explore each new route, finding items and Pokemon, evolving them in new and interesting ways, and facing interesting characters from time to time.

Post game, I enjoy seeing how many Pokemon I can fill the pokedex with, and competitive battling.
#19RaidenHeroPosted 5/11/2013 3:28:16 AM
The Awesome gameplay, the fantastic graphics ( For the DS) and the memorable Pokemon..i am so looking forward to X and Y ( If Fire Emblem: Awakening is any indication..Pokemon will do wonders on the 3DS)
#20TkmajingPosted 5/11/2013 3:54:46 AM
I was insanely addicted to Pokemon Blue/Red/Yellow/Silver/Gold and Crystal in my childhood. I would not think about anything other then Pokemon, about catching them, training them, etc. After Pokemon Crystal my addiction was gone and never returned, im hoping Pokemon X will change that. I love catching and training them, to be a Pokemon Trainer, becouse its awesome. Not only kids dream of becoming a Pokemon Trainer.
---
What in the name of?