This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Official temporary nickname topic for unknown English names

#11Rethalwolf(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2013 7:04:46 AM
i'd also like to toss in a slight alteration to Booda, Boonda, in case he does follow the mob path someone tossed up.
So bamboo, panda, buddha, boondock (saints, perhaps?)
---
"The point of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the enemy die for his."
#12FlyingPotatoePosted 5/11/2013 7:07:33 AM
I'm getting a team with Zubatman and Robin.
---
Black 2 FC: 1249 7789 9146
#13Immortal_Chaos7Posted 5/11/2013 7:12:23 AM
Goator / Groator / Growtor
Deriving from any combination of the words goat, grow, grass, and motor (given that the horns function like motorcycle handlebars)

-OR-

Rooter
Combining root (as in plant root) and scooter.

I don't thing anything can beat Gogoat though. It's perfect as is.
---
Pokemon Diamond-Name:Jack / FC:0043-9308-0032
#14Dr Edward RoivasPosted 5/11/2013 7:12:55 AM
Areeds (grassy goat)
---
Tie it on, in your mind. It's your Noctourniquet.
#15Rethalwolf(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2013 7:13:58 AM
Immortal_Chaos7 posted...
Goator / Groator / Growtor
Deriving from any combination of the words goat, grow, grass, and motor (given that the horns function like motorcycle handlebars)

-OR-

Rooter
Combining root (as in plant root) and scooter.

I don't thing anything can beat Gogoat though. It's perfect as is.

Fun fact, "rooting" in australia, while they know what it means here (rooting for a team, I mean) actually refers to anal sex.
---
"The point of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the enemy die for his."
#16Strain42Posted 5/11/2013 7:15:17 AM
I could see his English name just being something like Growat
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/ (Currently Updating: Persona 4TW Add-On M-F)
#17Dr Edward RoivasPosted 5/11/2013 7:16:35 AM
Strain42 posted...
I could see his English name just being something like Growat

That would be even worse than Chatot and Beartic. (read-only pun, sucks to actually say)
---
Tie it on, in your mind. It's your Noctourniquet.
#18Strain42Posted 5/11/2013 7:18:55 AM
My problem is it would sound close to Groot, so I would just run around using him screaming "I am Growat!!!"

and since I often play Pokemon on the toilet or the bus, things might get weird...
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/ (Currently Updating: Persona 4TW Add-On M-F)
#19MidnightCrewPosted 5/11/2013 7:20:03 AM
Great_Reapette posted...
I heard Chameleohm.

You could also call it Lizamp, Faramander, or something like that.

I dunno.

Whoever came up with Chameleohm is a genius.
---
Official Scrafty Of The Black And White Clan, Official Misdreavus of The BW 2 Boards. Official Lorelei of the BW 2 Boards.
#20PkmTrainerAbramPosted 5/11/2013 7:20:41 AM
I don't see a point in wasting time coming up with nicknames when the English names can't be to far off. Just use the Japanese names.

Hell, the lizard is already named Electric Tail(Elekitail) and the goat is obvious.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Platinum(493/493 now a 3 Star Trainer!), Pokemon HeartGold(JPN) run 470/493, Rocket Knight Adventures, and Comic Zone(Sega Genesis)