This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Official temporary nickname topic for unknown English names

#21Rethalwolf(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2013 8:27:04 AM
PkmTrainerAbram posted...
I don't see a point in wasting time coming up with nicknames when the English names can't be to far off. Just use the Japanese names.

Hell, the lizard is already named Electric Tail(Elekitail) and the goat is obvious.

OR, you can not be a rooter and choose a temporary name and stick to it.
---
"The point of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the enemy die for his."
#22Immortal_Chaos7Posted 5/11/2013 8:28:45 AM
Rethalwolf posted...
Immortal_Chaos7 posted...
Goator / Groator / Growtor
Deriving from any combination of the words goat, grow, grass, and motor (given that the horns function like motorcycle handlebars)

-OR-

Rooter
Combining root (as in plant root) and scooter.

I don't thing anything can beat Gogoat though. It's perfect as is.

Fun fact, "rooting" in australia, while they know what it means here (rooting for a team, I mean) actually refers to anal sex.

'___' .........
---
Pokemon Diamond-Name:Jack / FC:0043-9308-0032
#23Rethalwolf(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2013 8:30:11 AM
The things you learn studying abroad.
"Rooting for a team" raises some eyebrows.
They think it's only for the groupies.
---
"The point of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the enemy die for his."
#24PkmTrainerAbramPosted 5/11/2013 8:32:11 AM
Rethalwolf posted...
PkmTrainerAbram posted...
I don't see a point in wasting time coming up with nicknames when the English names can't be to far off. Just use the Japanese names.

Hell, the lizard is already named Electric Tail(Elekitail) and the goat is obvious.

OR, you can not be a rooter and choose a temporary name and stick to it.

Or I could not waste the energy making up a name that will be tossed aside all the same like the offical Japanese names for most of you will be.

You're going to give a nickname to Pokemon that already have english words in the name that descrbe them well enough for the most part? It makes no sense. I'm not saying don't do it, but it make no sense.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Platinum(493/493 now a 3 Star Trainer!), Pokemon HeartGold(JPN) run 470/493, Rocket Knight Adventures, and Comic Zone(Sega Genesis)
#25Rethalwolf(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2013 8:34:09 AM
You don't have to make one up, I see you already have with that eletail or whatever it is.
You just have to call them something, no?
This is something.
Besides, this helps people like me to come up with future nicknames for when I've actually caught one.
---
#26PkmTrainerAbramPosted 5/11/2013 8:37:44 AM
Rethalwolf posted...
You don't have to make one up, I see you already have with that eletail or whatever it is.
You just have to call them something, no?
This is something.
Besides, this helps people like me to come up with future nicknames for when I've actually caught one.

It just seemed like the topic was trying to decide on a common fanname for board discussion but whatever.

Speaking of Elekitail, If anyone has ever seen Catstratch, know that I'm getting major vibes from it. Gonna call mine Mr. Blick if it's shiny form is black, lol.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Platinum(493/493 now a 3 Star Trainer!), Pokemon HeartGold(JPN) run 470/493, Rocket Knight Adventures, and Comic Zone(Sega Genesis)
#27Rethalwolf(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2013 8:42:31 AM
Well, I doubt we would even be able to decide on a consensus anyway. No matter how I argued for Wotter...
In any case, sorry, don't know Catscratch myself.
---
#28NomytakerPosted 5/11/2013 8:43:08 AM
Kung-Fu Panda = Po (Was it really gonna be that hard to name the Kung-fu panda! Skadoosh! (Might even name him that.))
Electric Lizard = Derpard (Derp + Lizard)
Robin = Robbin (Seems simple enough.)
Gogoat = Gogoat. (I have no problems with remembering his Japanese name at all.)
---
Sic vis pacem, para bellum.
Don't make me HM01 you.
#29PkmTrainerAbramPosted 5/11/2013 8:45:30 AM
Catscratch OP:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbxUONuHf0I

Elekitail:
http://www.serebii.net/corocoro5134.jpg

The resemblance to Waffle is eerie.
---
#30Rethalwolf(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2013 8:56:31 AM
Unfortunately my internet at home is incapable of streaming.
---