This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The female player's beautiful and cool, but.

#11Rupin_Salesman(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2013 9:57:40 AM
Bump for more opinions.
---
"I love going on message boards and complaining about games I've never played!"
- Francis, Super Paper Mario
#12FuneralCakePosted 5/11/2013 10:03:19 AM
I think the problem is that there's a lot less you can do with a male character's design. I think by default, female characters have a lot more options in terms of clothing than males do.

Still, that's no excuse for this male character. They really could have at least tried to make him look different.
---
NO MORE HOME ROWED BECAUSE I'M A GOOD GIRL
so drag me down to the ocean floor, 'cause i don't wanna fight no more
#13snuffles504Posted 5/11/2013 10:09:54 AM(edited)
He's not horrible, but he definitely does resemble Hilbert.

I like the outfit, but dislike everything from the neck up. Snape hair + cheesy movie star glasses + box hat = wtf.

I also wish he wasn't wearing all blue.

FuneralCake posted...
I think the problem is that there's a lot less you can do with a male character's design. I think by default, female characters have a lot more options in terms of clothing than males do.

Still, that's no excuse for this male character. They really could have at least tried to make him look different.

I agree with this post 100%.

---
....because shutup.
R - Hyuck hyuck hyuck!
#14RikkettikPosted 5/11/2013 10:08:47 AM
Hilbert was awesome. For once, they did the "savvy and down-to-earth guy" design right. In comparison, this new guy from XY looks dull and uninspired. I think he would've looked a lot better without the collar, with shorter sleeves and with more colorful clothes.

But luckily there's the girl, who looks absolutely amazing. I might even like her better than Hilda, which is saying much.
#15Capitan_KidPosted 5/11/2013 10:13:33 AM
FuneralCake posted...

There's a lot they can do. The problem is they won't deviate from Red's design. The guy always has to have a cap with a coat with an undershirt and blue jeans. The only one to really spice things up was gen 3 male. He was different
---
D-O-G-A-R-S DOGARS!!
Official Husband of Nowi
#16LexifoxPosted 5/11/2013 10:14:33 AM
I don't see why people are complaining about Hilbert. Dude was best male character, aesthetically.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#17Rupin_Salesman(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2013 10:15:18 AM
Lexifox posted...
I don't see why people are complaining about Hilbert. Dude was best male character, aesthetically.

Hilbert's cool, but using similar designs for the newer MCs is just repetitive.
---
"I love going on message boards and complaining about games I've never played!"
- Francis, Super Paper Mario
#18Archwing3441Posted 5/11/2013 10:17:16 AM
Capitan_Kid posted...
FuneralCake posted...

There's a lot they can do. The problem is they won't deviate from Red's design. The guy always has to have a cap with a coat with an undershirt and blue jeans. The only one to really spice things up was gen 3 male. He was different

huh, now that you mention it, that's true... also explains why the guy in ruby was my favorite.
---
Nintendo? PlayStation? no...
http://mangafox.me/manga/mel_kano/v03/c016/27.html
#19DakotaDustyPosted 5/11/2013 10:22:29 AM
I kinda like the collar and hat
---
Hello guys, it's me, Bakura! I've been stalking you for the past five episodes. I hope that doesn't seem too suspicious.
#20EstheimasterPosted 5/11/2013 10:24:51 AM
Hilbert is my favorite because he was unique and looked like he was someone you could meet in the real world.

This guy has long, odd hair, copies Hilbert's blue look, and an odd pair of female looking sunglasses. I'm not a big fan of him. If I do choose to play as a guy, I'll give him dark skin (my skin is similar) and/or blonde hair in an attempt to make him look different from Hilbert.

As far as customization goes, I'd love it if we could change his shirt color. Green or orange would go a long way in making him unique.
---
The Official Bulbasaur of Pokemon X's board
Bowser Jr, T Zelda, Ridley, Palutena, Pittoo, Isaac, Shulk, Mewtwo, Robin, Balloon Fight, Crono, Mii, Megaman, Neku