This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Bird part fire?

#1_Super_Shadow_Posted 5/11/2013 8:39:29 AM
Not sure if this has been pointed out cause these boards move so fast when news comes out, but in one of the game screenshots it looks like the robin is using a fire move. That would be pretty sweet for early game IMO
---
Lucina, Newtwo, Ridley, Tom Nook, Bowser Jr, Palutena, Megaman, Lloyd Irving for SSB4
http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/4320/ssb4roster.png
#2javel34Posted 5/11/2013 8:40:19 AM
It's flame charge apparently. As of right now though its just flying/normal. I'll probably use it anyway :p
---
Black 2 FC: 3569 1730 6208
#3reaverzPosted 5/11/2013 8:41:05 AM
It's Normal/Flying but it can learn Flame Charge. This could suggest that it will evolve into a Fire/Flying type, but I believe that Blitzle and Zebstrika learn Flame Charge by level up so perhaps not.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#4KitschgardenerPosted 5/11/2013 8:43:35 AM
I've always wondered why Normal-types usually have expansive movepools, except for the Normal/Flying Pokémon. No Fire Blast, no Thunderbolt, not much beyond STABs. Not that many of the birds have special attacking stats but still.
#5NomytakerPosted 5/11/2013 8:48:44 AM
I don't think just because it learns flame charge, it'll turn into a part fire. Just as someone else as pointed out Blitzle knows Flame charge too, and it's evo didn't change typing. So...*shrugs*

Fire/Flying wouldn't exactly be a bad thing anyway. Been waiting for another Fire/Flying type. I just don't expect Robbin to fill it.
---
Sic vis pacem, para bellum.
Don't make me HM01 you.
#6VegantoKeensPosted 5/11/2013 8:53:34 AM
I sure hope so, what good is another normal/flying going to do? I'm really sick of that typing.
---
GMT + 1
PSN = William-Lake
#7reaverzPosted 5/11/2013 8:56:02 AM
Kitschgardener posted...
I've always wondered why Normal-types usually have expansive movepools, except for the Normal/Flying Pokémon. No Fire Blast, no Thunderbolt, not much beyond STABs. Not that many of the birds have special attacking stats but still.

It's because Normal isn't super effective on anything, so mono-Normal needs to learn many other type of moves to be able to cause super effective damage on stuff. Normal/Flying's Flying STAB gets them out of that "jam" since Flying does have good type matchups.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#8SlimeStackPosted 5/11/2013 8:57:05 AM
Wasn't Close Combat one of Staraptor's main things? It didn't become Fighting/Flying or anything. Though I feel like it should have.
---
Moo
#9R0cks0l1ddPosted 5/11/2013 9:00:09 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if the whole Bliztle learning Flame Charge thing was probably because it had Charge in its name or some weird reason like that. Besides that, the only non-Fire Pokemon that can learn it in Gen V were Mew and Genesect. It's odd that they decided to show Flame Charge as a move instead of a Flying one.
---
Official everything of every board.
#10BountyanPosted 5/11/2013 9:00:45 AM
I bet it's going to stay Normal/Flying just to keep the status quo with generic early game birds.
---
3DS FC: -
White 2 FC: 1765 0547 5604, Name: Kojo