This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Starter speculation

#1Azure_AuraPosted 5/11/2013 9:55:00 AM
From bulbapedia

Also, information about the starter Pokémon has been revealed. Chespin, the Chestnut Pokémon, has a tough shell covering its head and back, can learn Tackle, Growl, Vine Whip and Rollout, and is 0.4 m tall and weighs 9.0 kg. Fennekin has 200°C flames, and is 0.4 m tall and weighs 9.4 kg. Froakie, the Bubble Frog Pokémon, is able to jump as high as a three-story building, and is 0.3 m tall and weighs 7.0 kg.

With chespin learning rollout maybe the secondary typing is rock and froakie having the whole jumping thing going on plus using aerial ace in the trailer maybe its water/flying.

So i am thinking that maybe this gen the starters second type also forms a triangle going the same way as grass>water>fire, which is rock>flying>fighting

Fennekin fire/fighting confirmed!!!!!!!!!
---
Ahh...the net is vast....
#2BountyanPosted 5/11/2013 9:56:50 AM
I think there's a chance Chespin will become Grass/Rock with its highest stats being attack and defense. Also I think this increases Froakie's chance of being a Fighting type since it mentions it jumping high. Many other fighting Pokemon also have physical feats in their entries and Blaziken's entry mentions it jumping high as well.
---
3DS FC: -
White 2 FC: 1765 0547 5604, Name: Kojo
#3FuneralCakePosted 5/11/2013 9:56:56 AM
Well, okay, except that

a) Using a move of a certain type doesn't mean the Pokemon will evolve into that type. If that was the case, Chespin could also just as easily be Grass/Normal because it knows Tackle and Growl.
2) Froakie didn't use Aerial Ace. Chespin did. Grass/Flying/Rock/Normal confirmed. Quadruple types confirmed.
---
NO MORE HOME ROWED BECAUSE I'M A GOOD GIRL
so drag me down to the ocean floor, 'cause i don't wanna fight no more
#4HejiruPosted 5/11/2013 9:57:17 AM
Azure_Aura posted...
froakie having the whole jumping thing going on plus using aerial ace in the trailer maybe its water/flying.

That was Chespin who used Aerial Ace, not Froakie.
---
"The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense." -Tom Clancy
#5DarknessLink7Posted 5/11/2013 9:57:32 AM
Yay!
---
Perfection is at hand! I have been made compleat.
#6Great_ReapettePosted 5/11/2013 9:58:21 AM
FuneralCake posted...
Quadruple types confirmed.

Charizard as Fire/Ice/Flying/Bug confirmed.

YEAH 16X WEAKNESS TO SR
---
Anatidaephobia is the fear that somewhere, somehow, a duck is watching you, staring into your soul, using its duckiness.
QUACK.
#7FuneralCakePosted 5/11/2013 9:59:17 AM
My dream come true~
---
#8javel34Posted 5/11/2013 9:59:21 AM
FuneralCake posted...
Well, okay, except that

a) Using a move of a certain type doesn't mean the Pokemon will evolve into that type. If that was the case, Chespin could also just as easily be Grass/Normal because it knows Tackle and Growl.
2) Froakie didn't use Aerial Ace. Chespin did. Grass/Flying/Rock/Normal confirmed. Quadruple types confirmed.

While I agree with you I do think its weird how they had one picture without rollout in 'pins moveset and then one showing he could learn it.
---
Black 2 FC: 3569 1730 6208
#9Izanagi09Posted 5/11/2013 10:02:03 AM
Chespin was the one supposedly using Aerial Ace, Froakie was probably using Close Combat not Aerial Ace, also Chespin learning Rollout =/= Grass/Rock and just no for a Fire/Fight type for Fennekin.....
---
Persona!!!
#10FuneralCakePosted 5/11/2013 10:03:37 AM
javel34 posted...
While I agree with you I do think its weird how they had one picture without rollout in 'pins moveset and then one showing he could learn it.

How is that weird?

I can't read the text because it's too blurry/cut off, but it's saying something about "in-battle" events. Probably that Pokemon learn moves by levelling up.
---