This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are you going to pick a boy or a girl?

#61Moorish_IdolPosted 5/11/2013 12:36:44 PM
The male character looks kinda generic. I'll probably go female.
#62XRamzaXPosted 5/11/2013 12:43:04 PM
Minamo posted...
XRamzaX posted...
NewMoonShadow posted...
ManuKesna posted...
Guy obviously, i will never get why people choose the opposite gender in a role playing game...

Probably has something to do with the fact that it's "role-playing". Personally, I am a guy, and I always choose female character when given the choice to do so. I just feel like it's more interesting to live through the eyes of someone who's as dissimilar to me as possible. Also the girls almost universally have more interesting designs than the guys in Pokemon in particular.

lol this is a japanese based game. Anyone who is expecting the male character to be less bland than the female characters is crazy. Look at any of the jrpgs over the years or anime in general I guess.

Yuri was WAY less bland than Estelle in Vesperia... annnd that's all I got.

Yeah but people really like the anti hero character. Same goes with yuri from shadow hearts. I remember him being liked back when I played that game. Then compare that to tidus from FFX. Most people really like that game especially if it was their first FF but most people hated tidus.

In general you want a male to be bada** and a female to be sexy.
---
Troll killing method 1: Refuse to speak or acknowledge them in any way except by quoting anything they post. Ignore this method if already performed.
#63ReiShingami1Posted 5/11/2013 12:44:17 PM
Female trainer looks cute, but i'll pick male trainer, because i'm a guy. The only pokemon game where i was playing as a girl was Black 2, cause i hated that male trainer there.

Male trainer looks cool in X/Y, but Red,Gold and Ruby were more cooler. *putting nostalgia glasses on*
---
PSN: ReiShingami
#64MinamoPosted 5/11/2013 12:53:14 PM
Moorish_Idol posted...

Because the male trainer has been the same since the beginning. The only one that spiced it up was Platinum Lucas, and he did so by dressing up like a jackass.
#65windscar26Posted 5/11/2013 12:55:07 PM
I'll be picking the girl and I'm a guy. Ever since sapphire I've been picking the girl.
---
Your opinion is wrong
GURENKEN!
#66UmuruPosted 5/11/2013 12:55:11 PM
Both.
#67ColtCababaPosted 5/11/2013 12:55:12 PM
Minamo posted...
Moorish_Idol posted...

Because the male trainer has been different since the beginning. The most notable one that spiced it up was Platinum Lucas, and he did so by dressing up like a badass.

Fix'd.
---
Official Crawdaunt of the Pokemon X/Y Boards and Enforcer of WF
GameFAQs in a nutshell: http://imgur.com/m66mHOr.jpg
#68Mr_PopelPosted 5/11/2013 12:56:12 PM
I do like the designs for the female chars a lot better tbh.

Probably i'm just a bit traumatized by my passionate hate for Ash. In red/blue/yellow/silver/gold i always had that "Player Char = Ash" thought in mind, and once they allowed us to choose gender i said to myself, there's no way i'm ever playing anything even remotely similar to Ash EVER ANYWHERE again, ever since i've been playing the girl chars exclusively ... i'm not regretting anything.
---
Hey i'm not camping ... i'm "tactically waiting" :-D
#69MinamoPosted 5/11/2013 1:01:27 PM(edited)
ColtCababa posted...
Minamo posted...
Moorish_Idol posted...

Because the male trainer has been different since the beginning. The most notable one that spiced it up was Platinum Lucas, and he did so by dressing up like a badass.

Fix'd.

He reminds me too much of Manfred von Karma, while also somewhat badass, was much more of a jackass. And you're telling me "pre-teen brown-haired boy wearing a baseball cap and jacket for 5 generations" = different? At least Brendan had the decency to stick a plastic grocery sack on his head.
#70MelkacPosted 5/11/2013 1:01:35 PM
Both.

My first run will be with the male mc, my second run will be with the female mc.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43C2aBKMqeA