This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How can Elikiteru not be a Mawile prevo?!

#21DoctorJimmy133(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2013 4:01:03 PM
Yeah, it'll be a Mawile prevo. Alomomola was a fantastic Luvdisc evo don't you agree?

Classic example of people not reading the OP.

I still don't get why people are upset over this and demand a retcon for them to become related.

Probably because one is a pink heart-shaped Pokémon that desperately needs an evolution, and the other is a bigger, pink and sorta heart-shaped Pokémon.
---
Why do I have to move with the crowd of kids that hardly notice I'm around? I work myself to death just to fit in.
#22LexifoxPosted 5/11/2013 4:02:14 PM
DoctorJimmy133 posted...
Probably because one is a pink heart-shaped Pokémon that desperately needs an evolution, and the other is a bigger, pink and sorta heart-shaped Pokémon.

one is a discus fish and the other is a mola mola.

That said, there are already a wealth of Pokemon that "need" an evolution. They don't get them. Not every Pokemon is going to be as viable as the others.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#23Xavier_On_HighPosted 5/11/2013 4:06:23 PM
VIIVincent posted...
Eggsecute is pink and are eggs so it must evolve into Chansey!

>_>

If Exeggcute was introduced two generations after Chansey, there would definitely be people whose first thought would have been "Hmm, I wonder if that's a Chansey pre-evo".
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ltnafhjcUz1qmxswbo1_500.gif
#24DoctorJimmy133(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2013 4:12:39 PM
DoctorJimmy133 posted...

one is a discus fish and the other is a mola mola.

That didn't stop a seal from evolving into a walrus. The point is Elikiteru->Mawile was the first thing I thought of, just like Luvdisc-> Alomomola, and despite how logical it is that the two are unrelated, it's frustrating just the same since the resemblance is there.
---
Why do I have to move with the crowd of kids that hardly notice I'm around? I work myself to death just to fit in.
#25Shadow_StarWolfPosted 5/12/2013 5:35:29 PM
From: DoctorJimmy133 | Posted: 5/12/2013 7:12:39 AM | #024
That didn't stop a seal from evolving into a walrus. The point is Elikiteru->Mawile was the first thing I thought of, just like Luvdisc-> Alomomola, and despite how logical it is that the two are unrelated, it's frustrating just the same since the resemblance is there.

Pokemon resemble each other therefore they must evolve into each other!
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZOdcN.png
We Are XROS HEART!
#26DoctorJimmy133(Topic Creator)Posted 5/12/2013 5:58:18 PM
Shadow_StarWolf posted...

Would you mind sharing any other unrelated Pokémon that resemble each other?
---
#27EnferolunosPosted 5/12/2013 6:02:21 PM
DoctorJimmy133 posted...
Shadow_StarWolf posted...

Nosepass/Gigalith
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, AC:NL, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#28Shadow_StarWolfPosted 5/13/2013 6:43:57 AM
From: DoctorJimmy133 | Posted: 5/13/2013 8:58:18 AM | #026

Aside from Alomomola and Luvdisc?

There's Caterpie not evolving into Venomoth and Venonat not evolving into Butterfree among other things.

Again, there's more proof against yours.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZOdcN.png
We Are XROS HEART!
#29Great_ReapettePosted 5/13/2013 6:48:23 AM
P0k3m0nWaRR10R8 posted...
They're not even the same color yellow, and Elikiteru's ears give absolutely NO indication of Mawile's back of head motif

To quote a large amount of Mawile's dex entries:
"Its huge jaws are actually steel horns that have been transformed."

Dem ears could become horns.
---
Anatidaephobia is the fear that somewhere, somehow, a duck is watching you, staring into your soul, using its duckiness.
QUACK.
#30EnferolunosPosted 5/13/2013 6:49:14 AM
Great_Reapette posted...
P0k3m0nWaRR10R8 posted...
They're not even the same color yellow, and Elikiteru's ears give absolutely NO indication of Mawile's back of head motif

To quote a large amount of Mawile's dex entries:
"Its huge jaws are actually steel horns that have been transformed."

Dem ears could become horns.

Then what would become it's ears?
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, AC:NL, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you