This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

This generation actually has some pretty good designs.

#1JagusPosted 5/11/2013 10:05:08 AM
It seems they're rectifying Gen 4 & 5's mistakes of having overdesigned Pokemon and are going for simpler, subtler Pokemon that look more naturalistic. I personally like it. Its' reminiscent of Gens 1 & 2.
---
No, marriage is about love. It fails because people think love can be reduced to a feeling. - On the Edge
#2ThatKippPosted 5/11/2013 10:05:22 AM
Nah.
---
Medicham/Victreebel
3DS FC: 3609-1237-6725
#3HejiruPosted 5/11/2013 10:07:41 AM
Right, because all of Gen 4 and 5 Pokemon were bad designs and all of the Gen 1 and 2 designs were good.
---
"The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense." -Tom Clancy
#4FuneralCakePosted 5/11/2013 10:08:58 AM
http://i.imgur.com/1wXjeju.gif

I'm not even touching this one.
---
NO MORE HOME ROWED BECAUSE I'M A GOOD GIRL
so drag me down to the ocean floor, 'cause i don't wanna fight no more
#5Strain42Posted 5/11/2013 10:09:12 AM
I agree that this Gen has some good designs, I'm happy to finally see some designs that aren't just evos/forms of existing Pokemon and now I officially feel like Gen 6 is getting off to a good start

But I don't agree with the Gen 4/5 thing. I mean I still remember when the scans were launched revealing Pokemon like Sandile, Munna, Darmanitan, Klink, etc. etc. and I don't remember thinking they were pointlessly overdesigned.

I actually feel like the bird is a tad underdesigned actually...I mean don't get me wrong, I like it, but not much about it stands out to me.
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/ (Currently Updating: Persona 4TW Add-On M-F)
#6Night_Shade115Posted 5/11/2013 10:11:52 AM
Gen 5 went way to overboard on designs imo. I like the more natural look they seem to be going back to this time around, reminds me alot of gen 3-4.
---
PSN ID: Night_Shade115
#7RikkettikPosted 5/11/2013 10:12:19 AM
I don't know. For example, from that one scan, the panda and the goat look cool, but the bird and that other... "thing"... look horrible. So far it's still hit-or-miss, just like the previous three generations.
#8dwdwdw6Posted 5/11/2013 10:13:26 AM
Gen's 4 and 5 have their share of great and bland Pokemon designs just like Gen's 1 and 2 do.

Also Im loving all the Gen 6 Pokemon so far.
#9snuffles504Posted 5/11/2013 10:19:04 AM
Hejiru posted...
Right, because all of Gen 4 and 5 Pokemon were bad designs and all of the Gen 1 and 2 designs were good.

>_>

<_<

Generalizations of a generation =/= every single Pokemon of that generation

For example, if a class average is a 70%, that doesn't mean that every single student scored 70%.

Gen 4 and 5 had some really great Pokemon. But as a whole there was a lot of overdesigning going on, particularly in Gen 4.

Gen 1 had some overdesigned Pokemon and generally bad designs, but as a whole the designs were more natural and simplistic than later gens.
---
....because shutup.
R - Hyuck hyuck hyuck!
#10Jagus(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2013 10:21:54 AM
Hejiru posted...

Not at all. There were plenty of cool Pokemon in Gens 4 and 5, but they made a ton of mistakes too, this gen seems to be stepping back from the excess of previous gens. Compare legendaries like Newtwo and Yveltal to stuff like Reshiram, the Kyurem formes, and Giratina. It's refreshing.
---
No, marriage is about love. It fails because people think love can be reduced to a feeling. - On the Edge