This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Nowadays it feels like people force themselves to hate new games/Gen.

#1Sebas27Posted 5/11/2013 1:39:48 PM
Does anyone else feel this way?
#2Strain42Posted 5/11/2013 1:42:10 PM
I feel more like it's the other way. I see a lot of people, even dear friends of mine who used to play force themselves to try and be excited because "Hey, new Pokemon" but they don't really like the games anymore, and they don't really like the Pokemon and all they do is complain about them.

So from where I stand I see more people forcing themselves to like it rather than forcing themselves to hate it.
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/ (Currently Updating: Persona 4TW Add-On M-F)
#3Gel_FuiPosted 5/11/2013 1:49:11 PM
After the series has gone on for so long, most people will have higher expectations. Some raise their expectations too high. Expect a masterpiece and you will probably be disappointed.

I've seen people of both sides of the spectrum. People that love everything new and eat it up immediately, and overly critical debbie downers that act like every change is the apocalypse.
#4FuneralCakePosted 5/11/2013 1:50:26 PM
I feel like everyone should like the new Pokemon and those who don't should shut up. That's how I feel.
---
NO MORE HOME ROWED BECAUSE I'M A GOOD GIRL
so drag me down to the ocean floor, 'cause i don't wanna fight no more
#5bratzboyPosted 5/11/2013 1:51:48 PM
In this fandom, everyone hates something. Some don't like new ideas/concepts/designs and ALWAYS find something so small to complain about. Then there are people who hate the old gens and say they are just there for nostalgia. I like everything about the series, yes there are flaws but it's not the end of the world.
#6Master_Warlord7Posted 5/11/2013 1:54:03 PM(edited)
I feel more like it's the other way. I see a lot of people, even dear friends of mine who used to play force themselves to try and be excited because "Hey, new Pokemon" but they don't really like the games anymore, and they don't really like the Pokemon and all they do is complain about them.

So from where I stand I see more people forcing themselves to like it rather than forcing themselves to hate it.

This is accurate.

Though OP is also accurate.

It goes both ways.

And with nothing but these 4 Pokemon to discuss as the "relevant" topic, of course there will be some hate. If they don't get hate now, when would they ever? And in this day and age, -everything- gets hate at one point or another.
---
~~~V Smash Bros Moveset Making Paradise V~~~
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=335316
#7XazealPosted 5/11/2013 1:52:39 PM
FuneralCake posted...
I feel like everyone should like the new Pokemon and those who don't should shut up. That's how I feel.

I feel like people should be allowed to have their own opinions and the right to vocalize them, but whatever.
---
Official Mienshao of the Pokemon X Board
#8FardrassilPosted 5/11/2013 1:53:00 PM
Honestly, I can't really agree. Now I'm not saying the 3rd and 5th gens were bad, but I didn't care for them all that much. On the other hand, I really enjoyed the 4th and love what I've seen of the 6th so far. Some people may blindly hate, but most of us just have opinions.
#9FuneralCakePosted 5/11/2013 1:53:14 PM
I disagree.

If someone has a different opinion from me, they're not allowed to have opinions. At all.
---
NO MORE HOME ROWED BECAUSE I'M A GOOD GIRL
so drag me down to the ocean floor, 'cause i don't wanna fight no more
#10Dark Young LinkPosted 5/11/2013 1:55:42 PM
FuneralCake posted...
I disagree.

If someone has a different opinion from me, they're not allowed to have opinions. At all.

Team Plasma represent!
---
Nominate N for The Great GameFAQs Character Battle IX!
Sleep? F*** sleep, Toonami is on!!- GenesisSaga