This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

That normal subtyping literally does nothing for the Electric lizard

#1PK_GamingPosted 5/11/2013 1:00:35 PM
An Electric type (a predominantly special attacking type class) has no use for a normal subtyping (that's predominantly physical). The ghost immunity is nothing special, and he fighting type weakness it picks up is pretty bad. I hope the fully evolved form of that pokemon has a better subtyping.
---
All it takes is constant progress, little by little. The same can be said for me, or anybody.
~Yu Narukami
#2gamepimp12Posted 5/11/2013 1:03:00 PM
PK_Gaming posted...
An Electric type (a predominantly special attacking type class) has no use for a normal subtyping (that's predominantly physical). The ghost immunity is nothing special, and he fighting type weakness it picks up is pretty bad. I hope the fully evolved form of that pokemon has a better subtyping.

True but fighting weakness on sweepers isn't that bad you normally see em coming
---
we rich now but used to be slaves,we pushing whips now we used to be whipped,rockin chains when we used to be in 'em
#3Master_Warlord7Posted 5/11/2013 1:03:53 PM
I assume the evolution will lose the normal typing. The first form can have it just so we can say that electric has been paired with normal before.

Though yeah, I thought that too anyway. Pretty horrible typing. Especially when fighting rules the metagame.
---
~~~V Smash Bros Moveset Making Paradise V~~~
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=335316
#4LordYggdrasilXXPosted 5/11/2013 1:05:51 PM
The devs don't care about the metagame
#5PK_Gaming(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2013 1:06:26 PM
gamepimp12 posted...
PK_Gaming posted...

True but fighting weakness on sweepers isn't that bad you normally see em coming

It's just an unnecessary weakness. Ground & Fighting are pretty common moves, and now this thing has to worry about mach punch and faster fighting-types on top of that.

blargh.
---
All it takes is constant progress, little by little. The same can be said for me, or anybody.
~Yu Narukami
#6KitschgardenerPosted 5/11/2013 1:07:17 PM
It would have been a decent offensive typing before Gen V, but unless Normal becomes super-effective against Fairy it's kinda blah.
#7PK_Gaming(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2013 1:09:53 PM
Kitschgardener posted...
It would have been a decent offensive typing before Gen V, but unless Normal becomes super-effective against Fairy it's kinda blah.

Yeah normal wasn't too bad back in the day. Gen V just ended up introducing a million steel / ghost types + strengthening existing ones. It's probably the 2nd worst offensive typing in the game now.
---
~Yu Narukami
#8gamepimp12Posted 5/11/2013 1:10:15 PM
PK_Gaming posted...
gamepimp12 posted...
PK_Gaming posted...

It's just an unnecessary weakness. Ground & Fighting are pretty common moves, and now this thing has to worry about mach punch and faster fighting-types on top of that.

blargh.

I'll give you that
I am really interested In what can become of it
---
we rich now but used to be slaves,we pushing whips now we used to be whipped,rockin chains when we used to be in 'em
#9mnkboy907Posted 5/11/2013 1:13:32 PM
Normal being the secondary typing instead of the primary type leads me to believe it'll change upon evolution. Being a lizard, I'm hoping it becomes Electric/Dragon, since it'll be nice to have a non-legendary one.

Come to think of it, though, Normal has never been a secondary typing before. I wonder if Electric/Normal is accurate or if it's really going to be Normal/Electric.
---
http://i.imgur.com/q79lFGT.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/sYXvrdd.jpg
#10Strain42Posted 5/11/2013 1:17:45 PM
It gives him STAB to Normal moves and gives him a Ghost Immunity.

Considering the only downside it gives him is a weakness to Fighting, I think that's a pretty fair trade.
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/ (Currently Updating: Persona 4TW Add-On M-F)