This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

That normal subtyping literally does nothing for the Electric lizard

• Topic Archived
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. That normal subtyping literally does nothing for the Electric lizard
3 years ago#1
An Electric type (a predominantly special attacking type class) has no use for a normal subtyping (that's predominantly physical). The ghost immunity is nothing special, and he fighting type weakness it picks up is pretty bad. I hope the fully evolved form of that pokemon has a better subtyping.
All it takes is constant progress, little by little. The same can be said for me, or anybody.
~Yu Narukami
3 years ago#2
PK_Gaming posted...
An Electric type (a predominantly special attacking type class) has no use for a normal subtyping (that's predominantly physical). The ghost immunity is nothing special, and he fighting type weakness it picks up is pretty bad. I hope the fully evolved form of that pokemon has a better subtyping.

True but fighting weakness on sweepers isn't that bad you normally see em coming
we rich now but used to be slaves,we pushing whips now we used to be whipped,rockin chains when we used to be in 'em
3 years ago#3
I assume the evolution will lose the normal typing. The first form can have it just so we can say that electric has been paired with normal before.

Though yeah, I thought that too anyway. Pretty horrible typing. Especially when fighting rules the metagame.
~~~V Smash Bros Moveset Making Paradise V~~~
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=335316
3 years ago#4
The devs don't care about the metagame
3 years ago#5
gamepimp12 posted...
PK_Gaming posted...

True but fighting weakness on sweepers isn't that bad you normally see em coming

It's just an unnecessary weakness. Ground & Fighting are pretty common moves, and now this thing has to worry about mach punch and faster fighting-types on top of that.

blargh.
All it takes is constant progress, little by little. The same can be said for me, or anybody.
~Yu Narukami
3 years ago#6
It would have been a decent offensive typing before Gen V, but unless Normal becomes super-effective against Fairy it's kinda blah.
3 years ago#7
Kitschgardener posted...
It would have been a decent offensive typing before Gen V, but unless Normal becomes super-effective against Fairy it's kinda blah.

Yeah normal wasn't too bad back in the day. Gen V just ended up introducing a million steel / ghost types + strengthening existing ones. It's probably the 2nd worst offensive typing in the game now.
~Yu Narukami
3 years ago#8
PK_Gaming posted...
gamepimp12 posted...
PK_Gaming posted...

It's just an unnecessary weakness. Ground & Fighting are pretty common moves, and now this thing has to worry about mach punch and faster fighting-types on top of that.

blargh.

I'll give you that
I am really interested In what can become of it
we rich now but used to be slaves,we pushing whips now we used to be whipped,rockin chains when we used to be in 'em
3 years ago#9
Normal being the secondary typing instead of the primary type leads me to believe it'll change upon evolution. Being a lizard, I'm hoping it becomes Electric/Dragon, since it'll be nice to have a non-legendary one.

Come to think of it, though, Normal has never been a secondary typing before. I wonder if Electric/Normal is accurate or if it's really going to be Normal/Electric.
http://i.imgur.com/q79lFGT.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/sYXvrdd.jpg
3 years ago#10
It gives him STAB to Normal moves and gives him a Ghost Immunity.

Considering the only downside it gives him is a weakness to Fighting, I think that's a pretty fair trade.
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/ (Currently Updating: Persona 4TW Add-On M-F)
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. That normal subtyping literally does nothing for the Electric lizard

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived