This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Possible new info from Pokebeach

#41Emerald_MeliosPosted 5/11/2013 4:33:09 PM
The fairy type sounds close to how I'd imagine it. (except for total immunity to dragon attacks)
#42LexifoxPosted 5/11/2013 4:34:19 PM
Arne83 posted...
Other than Oak, what professors do you actually know the first name of?

Aurea Juniper and Cedric Juniper.

Chosenoneknux posted...
Mawile being given a Fairy sub-type makes no sense to me.

It's sounds like a left-field addition because citing the obvious Clefairy and Togepi lines would be, well, too obvious.

But another possible Mewtwo forme, eh. Will be very interested to see what it looks like compared to the original and the known forme [if true].

Mawile is based off of a "yokai", a kind of Japanese spirit, known as the futakuchi-onna. That's the best explanation I can think of for the Fairy typing.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#43slmcknettPosted 5/11/2013 4:34:52 PM
Sounds fake due to "Patrice".
---
Official Luxord of the Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep Board
#44LordYggdrasilXXPosted 5/11/2013 4:35:42 PM
Lexifox posted...
Arne83 posted...

Aurea Juniper and Cedric Juniper.

Chosenoneknux posted...
Mawile being given a Fairy sub-type makes no sense to me.

It's sounds like a left-field addition because citing the obvious Clefairy and Togepi lines would be, well, too obvious.

But another possible Mewtwo forme, eh. Will be very interested to see what it looks like compared to the original and the known forme [if true].

Mawile is based off of a "yokai", a kind of Japanese spirit, known as the futakuchi-onna. That's the best explanation I can think of for the Fairy typing.

Yeah there are many different types of fairies besides Disney ones like Tinkerbell.
#45Arne83Posted 5/11/2013 4:36:24 PM
el_tercer_poder posted...
Arne83 posted...
LordYggdrasilXX posted...
Arne83 posted...
Hejiru posted...
The professor's English name is Patrice.

Not a tree. Hell, not even a plant. Confirmed for fake.

Well.. Maybe Patrice is actually the professor's first name? The professors have tree/plant as their last name

Professor Aurea Juniper.
Professor Cedric Juniper (formerly).

... Ok, another question. Why would they reveal the professor's given name and not their surname? You know... they one that they're mostly referred to by and the one that is most known?
---
More of a Pokemon fan than TherianReturns will ever be.
#46Thepenguinking2Posted 5/11/2013 4:36:53 PM
Hejiru posted...
Pokebeach was contacted by a leaker who now appears to real, but he says to still take it with a grain of salt. The entire message is too long to post here so I encourage you to read this: http://pokebeach.com/2013/05/supposed-pokemon-x-and-y-insider-information

Fairy will be a new type. It is weak to Poison and Steel, immune to Dragon, and super effective against Dragon, Dark, and Fighting-type Pokemon.
Sylveon is Fairy-type. Some older Pokemon will be reclassified to Fairy, such as Mawile (Steel/Fairy).
Mewtwo has two new formes, not just one. Both are activated via items.
The professor's English name is Patrice.
The Starter final evolutions are, as many people predicted, Fire/Psychic, Grass/Fighting, and Water/Dark.
The first Gym is Bug, the second is Fairy, and the fourth is Fighting.
A few attacks will be dual-typed.
There will be a new type of battling style that Flying-type Pokemon and Pokemon with Levitate can participate in.
You will be able to see a Pokemon's EVs at a certain in-game facility. You will be able to boost the EVs through mini-games. It will take about two hours to get one stat to max EVs.

knew it was all fake at the bolded part.
---
http://pokebot.everyboty.net/pix/217.jpg best picture to ever face the interwebs.
The Official Shiny Zangoose of the X/y Board!
#47ThatKippPosted 5/11/2013 4:39:07 PM
lol
---
Medicham/Victreebel
3DS FC: 3609-1237-6725
#48WinsagePosted 5/11/2013 4:40:01 PM

This has to be BS. It would make no sense and be totally unnecessary.

Then again, GF also did Triple Battles.
---
NNid: Windsage
#49LordYggdrasilXXPosted 5/11/2013 4:41:47 PM
Really though, you shouldn't be calling fake just because you don't like or disagree with the info. Gamefreak could be going a little crazy this time.
#50el_tercer_poderPosted 5/11/2013 4:43:51 PM(edited)
Winsage posted...

This has to be BS. It would make no sense and be totally unnecessary.

Then again, GF also did Triple Battles.

I don't think it'd be that far-fetched (pun sort-of intended).
After all, GF did try something like that in Gen.5 with the elemental Pledge moves.

Maybe it'll work the same way here, who knows.
---
"Many of you feel bad for this lamp...That is because you're crazy.
It has no feelings! And the new one is much better." (IKEA's Lamp commercial)