This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

My speculation about riding Gogoat

#1HeyWheresKelPosted 5/11/2013 4:15:58 PM(edited)
I'm guessing Ride will be an HM that certain pokemon can learn (Gogoat, Rapidash, Bouffalant, Zebstrika, etc...). If not, it'll be an ability that works solely in the field and not in battle. I also think this will replace the bicycle. I'm sure some people thought the rollerskates would replace the bike, but the rollerskates probably replace the running shoes.
---
"I see the way you look at him. I'm a man too, ya know? I go pee pee standing up!"
http://i.imgur.com/DtiOyo0.png
#2CharizardFirePosted 5/11/2013 4:26:12 PM
Best HM ever.
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
#3Gsus_94Posted 5/11/2013 4:28:19 PM
Hmm, but this would mean needing a pokemon that learns Ride in order to move fast in the overworld (faster than skates/running shoes at least)
---
Black FC: 4470 3989 3640
White 2 FC: 1979 7990 6311 (Use this one unless specified)
#4ExcaliburOwnerPosted 5/11/2013 4:32:21 PM
It seems you can only ride it in the new city. At least that's what Bulbapedia said.
#5DoctorJimmy133Posted 5/11/2013 4:48:07 PM
I hope it means that there are multiple methods of transportation, like skates, bikes, rides. Or maybe riding Pokémon is the replacement for the bike and roller skates are something else!

If not, it'll be an ability that works solely in the field and not in battle.

Holy s***, riding your Pokémon into battle is too awesome to think about.
---
Why do I have to move with the crowd of kids that hardly notice I'm around? I work myself to death just to fit in.
#6torNATEoPosted 5/11/2013 4:52:38 PM
ExcaliburOwner posted...
It seems you can only ride it in the new city. At least that's what Bulbapedia said.

They didn't say it could only be ridden in the city, it just said that it's only been seen in the city. There's still the rest of the entire region left to show.
---
I don't care if you hate every Pokemon Gen but the first one. Just don't get all up in my face about it and let me love all five.