This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Looking at Pokebeach's Leaks..

#1EstheimasterPosted 5/11/2013 6:04:45 PM
Okay, Pokebeach's new leaked information has been posted, and I've thought about each piece in particular and why it would be good or not. First, Pokebeach's "new information"
-Fairy will be a new type. It is weak to Poison and Steel, immune to Dragon, and super effective against Dragon, Dark, and Fighting-type Pokemon.
-Sylveon is Fairy-type. Some older Pokemon will be reclassified to Fairy, such as Mawile (Steel/Fairy).
-Mewtwo has two new formes, not just one. Both are activated via items.
-The professor's English name is Patrice.
-The Starter final evolutions are, as many people predicted, Fire/Psychic, Grass/Fighting, and Water/Dark.
-The first Gym is Bug, the second is Fairy, and the fourth is Fighting.
-A few attacks will be dual-typed.
-There will be a new type of battling style that Flying-type Pokemon and Pokemon with Levitate can participate in.
-You will be able to see a Pokemon's EVs at a certain in-game facility. You will be able to boost the EVs through mini-games. It will take about two hours to get one stat to max EVs.

Now, each one at a time:
-Fairy will be a new type. It is weak to Poison and Steel, immune to Dragon, and super effective against Dragon, Dark, and Fighting-type Pokemon.
-Sylveon is Fairy-type. Some older Pokemon will be reclassified to Fairy, such as Mawile (Steel/Fairy).

I grouped these two together because they're similar. First, the Fairy type itself makes me think of a Magical type that exists in some fairy-tale hero. It's good against Dragon, Dark, and Fighting because that's what a fairy-tale hero would be up against. Then it's weak against Poison and Steel. Okay, Hercules was killed by Poison and heroes meet their end at the end of a sword quite often. Immunity to Dragon, because heroes slay Dragons makes sense. Also, someone earlier (I can't recall sources) mentioned that the Fairy type was Magical, so it's translated name may be Magic, or something similar. A long awaited Light type could also fit this bill in translation.

However, Sylveon throws a wrench in this type. If Pokemon Smash's little show tonight means anything, then Fairy is not SE on Rock, either SE or normal on Ice (did they say she was SE on Ice or did they say she was merely able to break ice?), and either weak against or neutral to Poison. If she's this "Fairy Type," it fits the bill for being weak against Poison, but Ice becomes a problem. If she's SE on Ice, then how can she be a Fairy type, which isn't SE on Ice, unless the leaker merely forgot to mention this. This alone can debunk the entire leak, unless the Smash episode just means that she does work on Ice and isn't SE against it.

-Mewtwo has two new formes, not just one. Both are activated via items.

This can work. It matches the fact that there were two hexagons on the movie website under Mewtwo, and formes have been affected by items in the past.

However, this is a problem if Newtwo is a "new Pokemon" and not a forme. Hasn't it been said that he's a new Pokemon? However, didn't they also say Kyurem-B and W were new Pokemon too originally? This is a trivial matter as it depends upon the meaning of "new Pokemon" and it's legitimacy, but it could debunk the leak if proved wrong.
-The professor's English name is Patrice.

A quick Google search yielded that Patrice is a French name (fitting the French theme) meaning noble or patrician. This breaks from the typical naming of professors after plants, however there could be a reference that I'm just not getting.
-The Starter final evolutions are, as many people predicted, Fire/Psychic, Grass/Fighting, and Water/Dark.

Running out of characters… more to come in next post...
---
The Official Bulbasaur of Pokemon X's board
Bowser Jr, T Zelda, Ridley, Palutena, Pittoo, Isaac, Shulk, Mewtwo, Robin, Balloon Fight, Crono, Mii, Megaman, Neku
#2LightningAce11Posted 5/11/2013 6:07:12 PM(edited)
Are you serious? Fairy type? Why? Did game freak actually listen to the fans on this one?

Also, now the starter triangle is completely screwed up. Why did they give froakie dark? Why not fighting? Then they could have hit each other for super effective damage!
---
New female MC of Pokemon X/Y is my waifu.
#3WiiareVenomPosted 5/11/2013 6:08:29 PM(edited)
Swords? I think fairy would be week to steel because some fairies were said to have iron as a weakness, and steel is close to iron. To a certain extent.

Also, they don't have to stick to the name tradition of the Professor.
---
Join our bearded nation , our bearded population, our bearded operation. Its not an invitation, it is an expectation.
#4slmcknettPosted 5/11/2013 6:07:05 PM
Fairy-type has been an idea ever since Sylveon was announced. It's not like GameFreak got the idea from the fans, when the fans were just picking up the hints that GF had been putting down.
---
Official Luxord of the Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep Board
#5_ice_beam_Posted 5/11/2013 6:18:09 PM
Fake.
---
http://i.imgur.com/xWWX5xm.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/tMhFpCD.jpg Thanks Fellwolf and L4DHunter! <3
#6_ice_beam_Posted 5/11/2013 6:22:09 PM
Oh, god. After reading the full list it sounds like a 10 year old made the list.

Yeah attacks will never have 2 types. Ever.
---
http://i.imgur.com/xWWX5xm.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/tMhFpCD.jpg Thanks Fellwolf and L4DHunter! <3
#7Estheimaster(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2013 6:22:54 PM

Okay, this is controversial. The initial problem is that Chespin is unable to hurt Fennekin much, Fennekin is unable to touch Froakie, and Froakie is unable to hurt Chespin much. The secondary types make it doubly hard to defeat one's rival type, especially in Fennekin's case where Psychic doesn't work. This makes a double type triangle that is reversed from Gen IV's. Now this could be an intentional way of making the game more challenging (in the rival battle), but it seems odd that the secondary types are detriments instead of benefits to them against rivals.

The problem lies with the wording. It says "as many people predicted," but the typings deviate from what the most common assumption was, where Chespin was Grass/Dark and Froakie was Water/Fighting. I'm not sure many people thought Froakie was Water/Dark… what hinted at that? My solution is that maybe it was a typo on either Pokebeach's or the leaker's part. Either may have simply mistyped the typings. The issue is who said "as many people predicted." If that was the leaker's original words, then he may have simply mistyped the types of the Pokemon. If it was Pokebeach summarizing the leaker though, then it's more likely that what was said was from the leaker and suddenly becomes questionable.

The first Gym is Bug, the second is Fairy, and the fourth is Fighting.

We can't really know this, so it seems sort of legitimate. The only gym we saw in the preview seemed to be a Bug gym with a web, which supports this as a gym. However, usually the first gym is a very simple gym with no puzzle, so it seems odd that the first one here would be something as complex as spiderwebs. There's no real evidence against this, but it's odd that the listed gyms are 1,2, and 4.

A few attacks will be dual-typed.

There's no real way of knowing this, but let's consider three points.
1. This would screw with the metagame. I hope that this is only limited to a few moves, but it's still revolutionary.
2. Kyurem's Freeze Bolt and Freeze Burn (okay, I forgot their names, but you know what I mean). These were the first hints at Pokemon possibly creating dual-typed moves, and they could work well if they become such.
3. That new Robin Pokemon. It's a Normal/Flying type, but knows a Fire move. Already GF is juggling with 3 types in one Pokemon; wouldn't it make more sense to show it using a Flying move like Gust? What if one of its moves was a Flying/Fire move, as they try to squeeze all three types into it?
Strangely, although this seems like the most unlikely leak of them all, it has the most positive evidence behind it.

There will be a new type of battling style that Flying-type Pokemon and Pokemon with Levitate can participate in.

Another one we can't strike down. An interesting point was made by someone recently who suggested a new flying mechanic here on GF. He/she said that if we can ride Pokemon on land, why can't we fly them? Well, if it turns out that we can ride multiple Pokemon, then possibly flying Pokemon could serve the same purpose as mounts. I envision the sort of flying that appeared in Ranger 3, where you controlled the hero on a Staraptor and could have encounters in the sky. If this were the case, then it's entirely possible that there may be a new sort of Flying-Type battle style in midair, with some Levitate Pokemon like Latios and Hyregeon (I can't spell my favorite Dragon Pokemon's name) included. This does bring to question Pokemon like Gengar and Solrock though…

Again, characters running low, but the next post will be shorter.
---
The Official Bulbasaur of Pokemon X's board
Bowser Jr, T Zelda, Ridley, Palutena, Pittoo, Isaac, Shulk, Mewtwo, Robin, Balloon Fight, Crono, Mii, Megaman, Neku
#8Tai_Le_ReePosted 5/11/2013 6:23:01 PM
_ice_beam_ posted...
Oh, god. After reading the full list it sounds like a 10 year old made the list.

Yeah attacks will never have 2 types. Ever.

Personally I see elemental punches as a good candidate for them.
---
Oh you're straight? So is spaghetti until it gets hot.
#9dezmomoPosted 5/11/2013 6:23:05 PM
_ice_beam_ posted...
Fake.

This. Please, this.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997614-nintendo-3ds/63766483/713440189
Official Squirtle of the Pokemon BW (2) Boards
#10jayman7Posted 5/11/2013 6:25:50 PM
Estheimaster posted...
That new Robin Pokemon. It's a Normal/Flying type, but knows a Fire move. Already GF is juggling with 3 types in one Pokemon; wouldn't it make more sense to show it using a Flying move like Gust?

What.

Almost every Pokemon learns off-type moves.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere