This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Looking at Pokebeach's Leaks..

#41Estheimaster(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2013 8:40:30 PM
jayman7 posted...
TriforceofPlot posted...
They retconned magnemite because they didn't actually make enough steel types in gen 2 (Steelix and Skarmory were the only other ones.)

And Scizor. And Forretress.

And I'm pretty sure Magnemite got retyped because he was obviously made of metal - they couldn't not retype him.

If any type was underrepresented it was Dark. Houndoom, Umbreon, Sneasel, and Murkrow... wait, that's the same amount. Well, at least the Steel types got good reps- I can't imagine Murkrow and Sneasel did much at all in the GSC metagame.
---
The Official Bulbasaur of Pokemon X's board
Bowser Jr, T Zelda, Ridley, Palutena, Pittoo, Isaac, Shulk, Mewtwo, Robin, Balloon Fight, Crono, Mii, Megaman, Neku
#42TriforceofPlotPosted 5/11/2013 8:53:40 PM
I can't believe I derped on SCIZOR of all things. >.<
But it's also worth noting that gamefreak also try to balance in game as well, without the magnemite retcon, the only steel types would have been Forretress, Skarm, Scizor, and Steelix (Two trade evolves, a late game mon, and a fairly rare mon whose useful movepool consists almost entirely of exploding.)
---
I'm that piece in the middle that does stupid stuff like randomly giving Ganon a piece when he needs a way to not die.
#43dwdwdw6Posted 5/11/2013 8:58:01 PM
Some people actually believe these leaks.

Mawile is Steel/Fairy?

Ok.
#44mattl4555Posted 5/11/2013 9:01:56 PM
lol
#45Estheimaster(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2013 9:03:22 PM
dwdwdw6 posted...

Mawile is Steel/Fairy?

Ok.

Mawile is actually the most believable thing they "leaked," but I'm not saying I believe them. I actually doubt them a bit, but would not be disappointed if they were true.
---
The Official Bulbasaur of Pokemon X's board
Bowser Jr, T Zelda, Ridley, Palutena, Pittoo, Isaac, Shulk, Mewtwo, Robin, Balloon Fight, Crono, Mii, Megaman, Neku
#46TriforceofPlotPosted 5/11/2013 9:08:14 PM
Estheimaster posted...
dwdwdw6 posted...

Mawile is Steel/Fairy?

Ok.

Mawile is actually the most believable thing they "leaked," but I'm not saying I believe them. I actually doubt them a bit, but would not be disappointed if they were true.

I personally feel that the mawile thing is the least believable thing in the whole leak.
The only thing I really think could be true is Mewtwo getting two new forms instead of just one.
---
I'm that piece in the middle that does stupid stuff like randomly giving Ganon a piece when he needs a way to not die.
#47reaverzPosted 5/11/2013 10:37:33 PM
I keep seeing all these doubts about Mawile possibly being retyped to Steel/Fairy if a Fairy type does exist, but it is in the Fairy Egg Group...
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#48matt-nicklinPosted 5/11/2013 11:51:21 PM
None of that sounds real
---
Black FC 2924 3613 2338
Black 2 FC 5115 1478 8907
#49TheEighthSagePosted 5/12/2013 1:10:45 AM
Hm, some of that sounds pretty good. I hope some of those typings are wrong, though I would love a Fire/Psychic type. Or maybe Fire/Ghost?

Why so much hate on Fairy type? Granted, I'd prefer it being called Light over anything else, but why Magic? Sounds too much like it'd be ripping off Skylanders.

I would honestly love to see a Professor Pine xD

I'm conflicted about the EV thing. I'm fine with having a way to see them, but why not just make it a key item you get from like the Battle Tower or something? And mini-games to raise EVs? I don't like that one...

Well that's my 2 cents anyways lol
---
3DS Friend Code: 2964-8909-6218
Official Modern Pit of the Kid Icarus: Uprising board!
#50SteveBobPosted 5/12/2013 6:08:58 AM
Sounds very reasonable to me. I'll be surprised if none of it turns out to be true.
---
Would you kindly read this signature?...
PSN: SteveBob7 YouTube: SteveBob104