This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What will you remember each Gen for?

#101Whats_Up4444Posted 5/12/2013 11:12:37 AM
Gen 1. First game.
Gen 2 Largest game.
Gen 3. Best pokes.
Gen 4. Worst collection of Pokemon, along with the best.
Gen 5. Dat story.
Gen 6. Yvelta's awesomeness.
---
Oh no! My gumballs! :o
http://tital.bigforumpro.com/ Join the Haven of all Kingdom Hearts Roleplays!
#102Chaos_MissilePosted 5/12/2013 11:20:35 AM
Gen 1: 8-bit Gym Leader Music
Gen 2: Karen and her Houndoom
Gen 3: Loads of Surfing at first.....now E4 theme. Also, loads and loads of games.
Gen 4: Underrated. Also Drapion, Empoleon and Garchomp. Also, Cyrus' theme is boss!
Gen 5: Gym Leader music. Also Excadrill.
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008
#103DarenDFPosted 5/12/2013 11:25:47 AM
Gen 1: Started it all
Gen 2: high point of the series
Gen 3: good game but fell short of 2
Gen 4: Not the best but still good
Gen 5: aside from having a better story fell further than 4
---
Remember, there's heroes and there's legends. Heroes get remembered but legends never die.
I am Shiva World Destroyer!
#104TLONMASTERPosted 5/12/2013 12:37:30 PM
1. Mewtwo. Come on, he's still one of the coolest.

2. Hard to decide - this was my favorite game. It took everything from the first and improved it. This set the tone for games to come. I guess it's also my favorite main character design. I think everything past this one is too outlandish.

3. Graphics upgrade! This was neat because even though the old ones were polished, this brought it to a new level. This is probably the game I spent the most time playing actually since I got interested in breeding/raising stronger teams then.

4. I played it, didn't care for it, quit the game for a few years.

5. What brought me back. Well technically X and Y got me interested again, but this game is pretty solid.
---
"I think, therefore I am. You are the fantasy." - Green Carnation || Light of Day, Day of Darkness
#105scraadinPosted 5/12/2013 2:15:07 PM
Gen 1. This was the game that didn't just get me hooked on Pokemon or RPGs, it got me hooked on video games. I guess that was half my life ago. So many memories.

Gen 2. The most explorable world in the series. There were secrets waiting everywhere, and you wouldn't find them unless you went back and looked for them.

Gen 3. A solid game completely botched by a lack of almost half the Pokemon. Took quite awhile to fix.

Gen 4. It took me exactly 100 hours to beat the Elite Four, because I just got that sidetracked by digging in the Underground.

Gen 5. Who knew that a tiny tweak to EXP would turn this into the game Pokemon always should have been? Adding new Pokemon to my lineup at will? That's the best.
---
The answer to "Why not?" is always Wobbuffet.