This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would you be okay with dual type moves?

#11Tyrant_WeskerPosted 5/11/2013 10:49:41 PM
Sure, I think they could be interesting if done right. They can avoid combining types that would be too good together, as well as giving them very low BP. Conflicting types would not only be fun to see together, but their strengths and weaknesses could be geared to balance one another instead of being complimentary.
---
"G-gotcha... friendio! Leave it to us... m-mate!" - Melia, Xenoblade Chronicles
#12Shadow_Navi_EXPosted 5/12/2013 3:52:16 AM
Paras vs. a Fire/Flying attack...
#13Misdreavus573Posted 5/12/2013 3:58:34 AM
I'm not one to complain about changing/adding new things, but dual-typed moves would just be too much.

One or two gimmick moves that aren't too strong, like a Weather Ball, but no more.
#14themagicpainmanPosted 5/12/2013 4:19:41 AM
Shadow_Navi_EX posted...
Paras vs. a Fire/Flying attack...

With Dry Skin.
---
"Combine Cloak and Dagger with Boots of Swiftness so CC doesn't stop you from moving faster toward defeat." - Frost_shock_FTW
#15WallydraiglePosted 5/12/2013 4:25:50 AM
I might possibly be okay with it, but I don't know yet because we don't know anything about it.
---
Always interested in any Pokemon event distribution cartridges. My email is in my profile.
#16Emperor_mateusPosted 5/12/2013 5:09:38 AM
It all depends on how it will be handled. Somehow I don't think gamefreak would make them into these hideously overpowered moves that people are talking about now.

Who knows perhaps they will work differently then we're thinking now.
---
..Gwaar... Haaaarr... Haaaaaa... Shoulda brought... more priests... Or some... babies... Dang...
#17SpacePirateKhanPosted 5/12/2013 11:01:07 AM
LightningAce11 posted...
dezmomo posted...
LightningAce11 posted...
Which misguided fools clicked yes?

This. Dual type moves would seriously mess up the mechanics and cause x32 multipliers. I think you can even have 64x, but I don't want to do the math.

Higher than 64. Charizard+solar power+sun+fire flying+dry skin para sect+calm mind boosts.

Or, you know... It could cap at the usual Super Effective/Not Very Effective multipliers, and the Dual Typing just provides a wider/different range of weaknesses. I doubt GF would allow absurdly high multipliers.
---
"The best things in life must be taken... by force!"
~Captain Khan
#18Zoramon089Posted 5/12/2013 11:10:50 AM
I think it could be cool if, and this is a big and ridiculous if, you could pick which element you wanted the move to be beforehand. For instance before battle you could change what type a move with dual element status would be and it would be that type throughout the battle. That way nothing would be broken and you wouldn't get ridiculous new multipliers
---
Pokemon Black FC: 4470 0364 4689
"Have you actually seen the scene in question? It needs some crackers to go with its cheese." - Poppadop
#19ArrayOfNothingPosted 5/12/2013 11:11:14 AM
SpacePirateKhan posted...
LightningAce11 posted...
dezmomo posted...
LightningAce11 posted...
Which misguided fools clicked yes?

This. Dual type moves would seriously mess up the mechanics and cause x32 multipliers. I think you can even have 64x, but I don't want to do the math.

Higher than 64. Charizard+solar power+sun+fire flying+dry skin para sect+calm mind boosts.

Or, you know... It could cap at the usual Super Effective/Not Very Effective multipliers, and the Dual Typing just provides a wider/different range of weaknesses. I doubt GF would allow absurdly high multipliers.

---
Gamefaqs in its entirety is an unintelligent site.