This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I actually wouldn't mind the Fairy-type as described by PokeBeach

#11VerdikaPosted 5/12/2013 3:24:21 AM
Altmadragon posted...
PSOLavis posted...
mustardpi314 posted...
there is absolutely no reasoning behind the described type matchups for Fairy

But the other matchups make so much since right. Ice is water, yet is not supereffective against fire. Steel is weak to ground...why? Fighting supereffective against steel and weak to psychic...punch steel, see how it works out. Psychic are all about mental strength, how could they take a hit from a fighting type? The list goes on and on.

Ooo lemme list some.....

Why does ice beat grass

Why isn't steel weak vs electric

Why are all the those fire breathing dragons weak vs ice

Why are birds.... Sorry flying types weak vs rock... Honestly how many times in your life had you picked up a rock an hit a.... Sry side tracking

If ice beats grass an ground then what makes rock so special....

Alright someone else take over

Winter kills the plants, or at least sends them into a subdued state. And I'm pretty sure the idea behind fire being resistant to ice is that the idea behind ice is less water and more cold and heat generating creatures naturally would not be as affected by cold damage.

And why SHOULD steel be weak against electric?

Other than that, I agree, but there might very well be things that I'm just not getting.
---
There's nothing that sucks worse that that moment in an argument when you realize that you are wrong.
#12KingTumbleweedPosted 5/12/2013 3:47:16 AM
Altmadragon posted...
PSOLavis posted...
mustardpi314 posted...

But the other matchups make so much since right. Ice is water, yet is not supereffective against fire. Steel is weak to ground...why? Fighting supereffective against steel and weak to psychic...punch steel, see how it works out. Psychic are all about mental strength, how could they take a hit from a fighting type? The list goes on and on.

Ooo lemme list some.....

Why does ice beat grass

Why isn't steel weak vs electric

Why are birds.... Sorry flying types weak vs rock... Honestly how many times in your life had you picked up a rock an hit a.... Sry side tracking

If ice beats grass an ground then what makes rock so special....

Alright someone else take over

Go put ice in the vicinity of a flamethrower and tell me what happens.

Go make a large steel building and see how easily earthquakes can topple it.

The fighter looks for the weak points in the steel and easily breaks it in two.

I can't understand what you're saying after this point, how can a fighter hit a psychic? With their fists maybe?

Ice vs Grass, hey ever hear of that season called Winter?

Steel vs Electric, you're assuming the Steel conducts the electricity right?

I like the fire breathing dragon comment, when only one Dragon type is a Fire type which is resistant to Ice. Probably something to do with the fact that ice preserves ancient beings in fiction which is exactly what Dragons are.

Two birds with one stone.

Rock is a rock, Ground is the ground. Drop a large rock on ice. Now try doing that with land, oh wait, that's impossible. If you freeze a rock, you're just going to get a slightly colder rock.
---
Official Ferrothorn(Spaghetti) of Pokemon X/Y boards. Shadow Ferrothorn Admin of somewhere.
Certainly not a spy for any teams
#13kaonohiokalaPosted 5/12/2013 3:56:33 AM(edited)
LOGICAL REASONS FOR FAIRY TYPE MATCH-UPS

-tinkerbell helps sora win fights
--fights against enemies that are evil
-fairies die if you cut them with a sword
-fairies die if you shove poison down their throat
-fairies can't punch fire
-fairies can't punch psychic powers
-fairies are imaginary so dragons can't do anything against them so fairies beat em up real easy-like

ALL EXPLAINED
---
"I am champion of Bellator. I am face of Bellator now. Who want with belt? Come on with cage. I am beat you. -Alexander Shlemenko
#14SocranPosted 5/12/2013 4:08:16 AM(edited)
Altmadragon posted...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQRWfxkCdU4

Anyway, I could see fairies being weak to poison and steel as representatives of modern technology and pollution. Remember that Sylveon's name is based on a word meaning "forest" which has come to be associated with nature spirits/fairies. If Xerneas is a fairy type, then it makes sense that they're thought of as nature spirits.

Being immune to dragon is a bit harder to pin down exactly, but there would certainly be a relationship between the two, as fairies and dragons are... well, they're both from fairy tales.

Super-effective against dark is easy enough to explain, fairies nowadays are always associated with "good". Fighting can be weak to them for the same reason as psychic - magic is a distinctly non-physical method of combat, something that someone who's trained at hand-to-hand combat isn't prepared for.

Not-very-effectiving psychic is similar to the fighting thing. Mind versus magic versus might ends up in a rock-paper-scissors relationship. Fire is... less easily explained, but could go back to that nature spirit thing. If anything, I'm surprised they're not weak to it.

There seem to be parts missing, though. What does it resist, without being immune? I would think grass, for the aforementioned nature spirit reasons.
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#15Emerald_MeliosPosted 5/12/2013 10:19:09 AM
I just hope there's a Fairy/Dragon Pokemon.
#16hellslingerPosted 5/12/2013 10:20:19 AM

Because everything in pokemon makes 100% sense. Hell half of the reasonings are done by fans.

Guess what you don't decide the parameters for what is and isn't a pokemon/type Gamefreak can do whatever the hell they want.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ULCRM.jpg