This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why are people so against Fairy type again...?

#1Hughs_RagePosted 5/11/2013 7:27:41 PM
My friend is complaining about how a Fairy type is too girly and would ultimately cause the downfall of Pokemon...

lolwut
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdtqd6EJTY1qlpahho1_500.jpg My husbando <3
#2P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 5/11/2013 7:28:18 PM
People still don't realize the diversity that a Fairy type could have.
---
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
#3fissionprimerPosted 5/11/2013 7:28:33 PM
Smack his face
---
obvious sticky (;
#4Great_ReapettePosted 5/11/2013 7:28:43 PM
I just think Game Freak would be playing with fire if they added Fairy-type right now.

Balance the type chart first. Then we can talk.
---
Anatidaephobia is the fear that somewhere, somehow, a duck is watching you, staring into your soul, using its duckiness.
QUACK.
#5scrappybristolPosted 5/11/2013 7:28:48 PM
80% of people assume Fairy = Tinkerbell.

They need to broaden their horizons.
---
I'm a jukebox hero.
#6LexifoxPosted 5/11/2013 7:29:05 PM
People are stupid and ignorant.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#7WiiareVenomPosted 5/11/2013 7:29:18 PM
That, and they don't want any new types. Its this "balance" thing.
---
Join our bearded nation , our bearded population, our bearded operation. Its not an invitation, it is an expectation.
#8jayman7Posted 5/11/2013 7:31:56 PM
Great_Reapette posted...
I just think Game Freak would be playing with fire if they added Fairy-type right now.

Balance the type chart first. Then we can talk.

The two are not mutually exclusive.

The Fairy type is a meh choice IMHO, but I'm not THAT against it, especially not since seeing a comparison with the Ghost type that many people ignore.

But the newest rumor of the day? It comes with dualtype moves. I'd rather see a Normal-type Sylveon, a Pokemon generation of exactly 52 Pokemon (to raise the number above 700 to 701), loss of compatibility with the fifth gen, and Stealth Ice before even one dualtype move. That's how bad an idea dualtype moves are.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#9EstheimasterPosted 5/11/2013 7:34:57 PM
scrappybristol posted...
80% of people assume Fairy = Tinkerbell.

They need to broaden their horizons.

True, but there's no changing the fact that when most people think of fairy, Clefairy and Disney's Fairy's Tinkerbell and friends pop into their mind. Unfortunate, but a factor.

Now if the type was renamed Light or Magic, that could hide the fairy stereotype. With Pokebeach's Mawile as a Fairy type though, I guess it looks more like a Fairy than a Pokemon I'd associate with Light or Magic...
---
The Official Bulbasaur of Pokemon X's board
Bowser Jr, T Zelda, Ridley, Palutena, Pittoo, Isaac, Shulk, Mewtwo, Robin, Balloon Fight, Crono, Mii, Megaman, Neku
#10WinsagePosted 5/11/2013 7:35:46 PM
I have no issues with Fairy type.

It's dual type moves that I don't like the idea of.
---
NNid: Windsage