The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dual-type attacks? I'm kinda curious how they'll pull that off tbh.

#1MrFingers07Posted 5/11/2013 8:19:01 PM
Assuming it were real.
---
:D Brawlin' Mains: R.O.B., Lucario, Pikachu, Wolf
#2MrFingers07(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2013 8:20:14 PM
Also lurking on this board it seems like most people are really against dual-type moves.

I wonder why?
---
:D Brawlin' Mains: R.O.B., Lucario, Pikachu, Wolf
#3SeishinmahouPosted 5/11/2013 8:28:06 PM
If theres a dual-type move.

Freeze Bolt would be Ice/Electric and
Ice Burn would be Ice/Fire

But I hope this one is not real.
---
PSN: xtinqcion
http://www.youtube.com/user/Myanimexarts
#4jayman7Posted 5/11/2013 8:30:59 PM
MrFingers07 posted...
Also lurking on this board it seems like most people are really against dual-type moves.

I wonder why?

*sigh*

Current system, with STAB and weakness, it is possible to deal 6x damage to a dualtype.

With dualtype moves, it becomes possible to do 9x damage to a monotype.

Unless they overcomplicate how the damage multipliers work.

The only suggestion I've seen all day that wasn't stupid was that the move has two separate hits, one of each type. Admittedly, that could work. But otherwise, dualtype moves have no business in this game. And even with that idea, I don't think it's really all that great an idea; merely an acceptable one.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#5dezmomoPosted 5/11/2013 8:34:32 PM
MrFingers07 posted...

I wonder why?

Fire/Flying move on a Dry Skin Parasect.
You do the math.

If (that is a very strong 'if') they implement dual type moves, I really hope they cap it at 4x damage. I will accept 6x, but that would still be very broken.

I just don't think it will be a good idea, mechanics wise.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997614-nintendo-3ds/63766483/713440189
Official Squirtle of the Pokemon BW (2) Boards
#6TriforceofPlotPosted 5/11/2013 8:35:03 PM
Jayman just summed up why dual-type moves are a TERRIBLE idea way better than I ever could.

Props, man.
---
I'm that piece in the middle that does stupid stuff like randomly giving Ganon a piece when he needs a way to not die.
#7DracovianPosted 5/11/2013 8:38:21 PM
The only way I see dual-type working is with non-attack moves. Like maybe some grass/poison move that can either poison or stun your pokemon etc.
---
"It's a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what." - Dr. House
#8JC152Posted 5/11/2013 8:41:48 PM
dezmomo posted...
MrFingers07 posted...

I wonder why?

You do the math.

If (that is a very strong 'if') they implement dual type moves, I really hope they cap it at 4x damage. I will accept 6x, but that would still be very broken.

How many times damage would that be, assuming Charizard's the one using that, and he has blaze as a skill?
#9omegaslash14Posted 5/11/2013 8:46:06 PM
jayman7 posted...
MrFingers07 posted...

I wonder why?

*sigh*

Current system, with STAB and weakness, it is possible to deal 6x damage to a dualtype.

With dualtype moves, it becomes possible to do 9x damage to a monotype.

Unless they overcomplicate how the damage multipliers work.

The only suggestion I've seen all day that wasn't stupid was that the move has two separate hits, one of each type. Admittedly, that could work. But otherwise, dualtype moves have no business in this game. And even with that idea, I don't think it's really all that great an idea; merely an acceptable one.

They could just not put together to types that hit the same type for SE damage. I don't think the whole rumor is true, but DT moves could be interesting, or outright broken like SR.
---
3DS FC: 0817-3744-5436 Name: Mugen
Add Meh
#10jayman7Posted 5/11/2013 8:50:16 PM(edited)
JC152 posted...
dezmomo posted...
MrFingers07 posted...

I wonder why?

You do the math.

How many times damage would that be, assuming Charizard's the one using that, and he has blaze as a skill?

2x damage for Fire -> Bug
2x damage for Fire -> Grass
2x damage for Flying -> Bug
2x damage for Flying -> Grass
1.5x damage for Fire STAB
1.5x damage for Flying STAB
1.25x damage for Fire -> Dry Skin
1.5x damage if Charizard has Blaze and is under 1/3 of his max HP

I calculate 67.5x damage.

Now, Parasect has 324 max HP. This move under these circumstances is a guaranteed OHKO if the move would deal a mere 5 damage before multipliers are applied.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere