This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dual-type attacks? I'm kinda curious how they'll pull that off tbh.

#21mashimizuPosted 5/11/2013 11:01:57 PM
TC probably doesn't play competitively. Playing story all you need is to be faster and hit harder which is why he doesn't see the problem.
#22gamepimp12Posted 5/11/2013 11:02:08 PM
Brandon00151 posted...
No.... NO! All Dual type attacks will do is make irrelevant Pokemon even more irrelevant and useless in the Metagame.

This change would make it so only dual type Pokemon are sweepers and only Pokemon with 1 weakness are walls
---
we rich now but used to be slaves,we pushing whips now we used to be whipped,rockin chains when we used to be in 'em
#23jayman7Posted 5/11/2013 11:09:36 PM(edited)
dezmomo posted...
jayman7 posted...
SinExDeath posted...
How about adding Choice Band/Lens, Nasty Plot boost, or one of gems to that equation?

The gems would be an extra 1.5x, so 101.25x damage.

If you count Nasty Plot as a 2x multiplier (it isn't exactly - it's a 2x multiplier to the STAT, not the damage directly), then it would be 135x without a gem or 202.5x with a gem.

And BTW, should the move hit critical? Yeah, double the number.

Sun looks pretty bright...

Another 1.5x multiplier. So let's see here. Fire/Flying attack from a Fire/Flying Pokemon with Blaze down to a third of his HP holding an appropriate gem getting a critical hit (or estimating a Nasty Plot) in the sunlight on a Dry Skin Parasect... we're now sitting at 303.75x damage. Even if the base damage was 1, the absolute minimum possible, that's enough to put a max-HP Parasect within range for the sunlight to kill it - effectively a one-round KO even if it's coming from a level 1 Pokemon (Dry Skin, remember?)

Then estimate the Nasty Plot and a critical hit together...
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#24MrFingers07(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2013 11:19:25 PM
mashimizu posted...
TC probably doesn't play competitively. Playing story all you need is to be faster and hit harder which is why he doesn't see the problem.

Playing competitive is all I do when playing Pokemon. lol
---
:D Brawlin' Mains: R.O.B., Lucario, Pikachu, Wolf
#25omegaslash14Posted 5/11/2013 11:24:47 PM
gamepimp12 posted...
MrFingers07 posted...
Again, I don't see the problem.

Besides for all we know only limited amount of moves will be dual-type anyways.

It totally ruins the game

It boils down to who is fast and has a dual stab attack

A rock close combat from a terraikon base power after stab is 240 making it a spamable explosion

On something neutral to it.

Just think if it hit a ice type

Easy way to fix this to keep pokemon from getting a dual type attack that matches both of their types.
---
3DS FC: 0817-3744-5436 Name: Mugen
Add Meh
#26SMASHKING84Posted 5/11/2013 11:26:46 PM
i wonder would it do both types at the same time or would it be like tri attack
---
Pokemon Black 2 4170-2970-6954 PM Me if you add me.
http://www.youtube.com/user/TCD252009 my youtube
#27Azure_AuraPosted 5/11/2013 11:29:54 PM
i think it will be like having an extra move for coverage but it wont contribute in power as in 4x stab in a move.

for example a dark/fighting move will hit for se all the types dark and fight hit se, but if a poke has both dark and fight weakness it wont hit for 4x.
---
Ahh...the net is vast....
#28mashimizuPosted 5/11/2013 11:33:46 PM
SMASHKING84 posted...
or would it be like tri attack

Be a type completely unrelated to its attack? I doubt that. Plus it wouldn't be dual type now would it? So what would be the point?
#29SMASHKING84Posted 5/11/2013 11:39:11 PM
people are assumig alot what if dual type moves have really weak base power?
like say 30. it would take at least a 4x multipler to deal 120 damage.

another thing you assume is pokemon would get moves that having both types would be absoulete murder.
well sure giving blaziken a fire and fight move would push it beyond ubers but what about giving shedinja a flying/water move?

sinc it has neither type it won't gain any stab.

another thing is it could always work like tri attack.
but in the end this idea could work it would just take a lot of careful planning.
---
#30SMASHKING84Posted 5/11/2013 11:41:08 PM
mashimizu posted...
SMASHKING84 posted...
or would it be like tri attack

Be a type completely unrelated to its attack? I doubt that. Plus it wouldn't be dual type now would it? So what would be the point?

i meant it would deal one of the types it can be randomly.
like say ice/water move would deal water OR ice damage not both at the same time.
---