This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Maybe dual type moves just mean you pick the type before you attack?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Maybe dual type moves just mean you pick the type before you attack?
3 years ago#1
Let's say you want to use an attack... you have the choice to select one of two possible types before hitting enter.

That wouldn't be so broken, would it?
No, marriage is about love. It fails because people think love can be reduced to a feeling. - On the Edge
3 years ago#2
Yes, it would be broken.
"the overall best pokemon is going to be Fenakin"-Fritz8x0
"Zoroark is the worst Gen 1 pokemon"-Thepenguinking2
3 years ago#3
So you basically get 5 moves?

Better than 9x effectiveness or whatever the **** it gets up to, I guess.
Help Wanted: New Sig
Post something funny, and be (temporarily) immortalized here!
3 years ago#4
I'm hoping it divides the power of the move in half, and assigns it to each type. So Muddy Water is a 47.5 power Water move and a 47.5 power Ground move.
Dating is a form of prostitution, in which you often times do not get what you paid for.
3 years ago#5
Lol @Dual type moves.

Hell. No.
3 years ago#6
I think this, or multi-hits (with power divided, as mentioned above), or something following the basic rules of Curse but with different type-triggers, would be the best ways to do it.

Otherwise, as someone mentioned, give Ho-oh a fire/flying move and attack a bug/grass. STAB on each type, PLUS quadruple effectiveness on both types.
"The point of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the enemy die for his."
3 years ago#7
Rethalwolf posted...
I think this, or multi-hits (with power divided, as mentioned above), or something following the basic rules of Curse but with different type-triggers, would be the best ways to do it.

Otherwise, as someone mentioned, give Ho-oh a fire/flying move and attack a bug/grass. STAB on each type, PLUS quadruple effectiveness on both types.

Plus 25% boost from dry skin on parasect. So basically, sacred fire would have a base power of 2000 BP on parasect.
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Maybe dual type moves just mean you pick the type before you attack?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived